Pie, I'll be paying more tax for one as I'm not quite on the dole.Vat is still the same, I seriously hope Labour get in and reduce VAT as a stimulus for growth or increase the threshold for vat registration to a level that gives small to medium size businesses the opportunity to grow and make a small profit before they have to give 20% to the government.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Eddy will divide the remaining outstanding budget deficit and divide it by the 33,000 or whatever it is island households to produce a further levy on the ordinary people to keep his scrawny arse in t

Interesting how presentation is everything and if you are moronic about the way you announce it you are sunk. Everyone will pay an extra £160 no matter what they earn, and this seems to have been gree

11 hundred take home, or less if the 15 k is from being self employed, rent or mortgage 700 a month, two kids, food 300 a month and petrol car tax electricity rates phone and so on. 15k is fuck all to

Posted Images

we keep hearing about tax changes, but there has been no mention about NI contributions, they snuck them up a few years back and I won't be surprised if another % gets added

I'm also not seeing how free TV licences to pensioners going saves government 600k??? do the government pay the BBC on behalf of the pensioners at the moment??????

Edited by WTF

Isle of Man Government to apply to UK Government for exemption from giving free TV licences to over 75s.

This will save £600,000 a year.

It will also shove our heads right above the parapet in bad publicity. Many pensioners that come to the Isle of Man to have their fortunes fleeced by such as bent lawyers, will no longer want to come here.

Incidentally, the over 75s were the group that most complained about such as strong (euphemism for 'foul and disgusting') language, and adult (euphemism for 'schoolboy') humour on the BBC. It saved BBC such a lot of money shutting this group up and just giving them a free goggle box licence.

They've probably been told to test the waters with this one.

Maybe England is planning to take free TV licences away in their budget.

Without putting in place a road map and the start of resolving the public sector pension black hole any claim that books have been balanced is utter rubbish and a blatant misrepresentation of what is taking place..

• Like 1

This is disgusting. According to Teare's budget, people on £14,000 (minimum wage) will be paying 20% tax?

And this higher tax is supposed to be a "saving". When will these DICK HEADS get it through their THICK stupid skulls that raising taxes is not a saving or cost-cutting exercise? I truly despair. It is not often I am at a loss for words or wound up in an emotive way but this really pisses me off.

People on say £20,000 will go from paying about £600 to about £1200 (not even including NI). That sort of tax is a month's wage for them! How can this be justified while the government has not lifted a finger to cut the size and scope of government? How can you tax someone on £20,000 such a huge amount when most on that sort of income are struggling as it is with high rents or high mortgage costs? And don't tell me this is to pay for people living longer. It's to keep paying for one thing and one thing only - the oversized civil service and their obscene salaries and pensions. I for one plan to get off this island rather than continue to pay for it.

• Like 1

No Isaac, someone on £14,000 won't pay any tax... idiot

I worded that wrong. I meant someone earning above £14,000 which is not much to begin with - as £14,000 is about the minimum wage. In other words, anyone earning slightly over the minimume wage is now going to end up with less than the minimum wage. That is what I was trying to say. I apologise for the misunderstanding.

• Like 3

People on say £20,000 will go from paying about £600 to about £1200 (not even including NI). That sort of tax is a month's wage for them! How can this be justified while the government has not lifted a finger to cut the size and scope of government? How can you tax someone on £20,000 such a huge amount when most on that sort of income are struggling as it is with high rents or high mortgage costs? And don't tell me this is to pay for people living longer. It's to keep paying for one thing and one thing only - the oversized civil service and their obscene salaries and pensions. I for one plan to get off this island rather than continue to pay for it.

Maths not your strong point. Someone on £20,000 wil go from paying £1,040 to paying £1,200. So yes, it's £160 more, not £600 more. The break even point is around £18500.

It's very few people, but yes, it's low earners and it's unfair

• Like 1

No Isaac, someone on £14,000 won't pay any tax... idiot

I worded that wrong. I meant someone earning above £14,000 which is not much to begin with - as £14,000 is about the minimum wage. In other words, anyone earning slightly over the minimume wage is now going to end up with less than the minimum wage. That is what I was trying to say. I apologise for the misunderstanding.

No they won't because they only pay 20% tax on their income above £14,000. Eg someone on £15,000 will pay tax of £200 and take home £14,800.