I've tried ...I really have

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Equality will be when we get three women on Manx Radio wittering on about netball in that same way as we have three men going on about football on a Friday evening in Friday Football Focus.

I'm a woman and never could understand the attraction of any of these 'Women's" programmes. I've never subscribed to women's magazines either.   Far too busy to be bothered.   Loose Women? Tires

It would have been less patronising if they'd just let stu do it

Posted Images

I think this might require further explanation for reasonable discourse to take place.

but if this is just a thread for saying vague stuff then;

If panspermia is true none of us are alone (in the universe).

Edited by Lao

I do occasionally listen to womans hour G4 ...get some sort of insight into what the lunatics are planning next ....but women today show seem to just consist of crochet advice , beckham name dropping and whining nobody take them seriously .. As a new age equality ist man i find this insulting to my sisters of this world ...its only saving grace is that beth has a do- able voice

I do occasionally listen to womans hour G4 ...get some sort of insight into what the lunatics are planning next ....but women today show seem to just consist of crochet advice , beckham name dropping and whining nobody take them seriously .. As a new age equality ist man i find this insulting to my sisters of this world ...its only saving grace is that beth has a do- able voice

And you said their show was babble???

*taps irony-ometer

I'm a woman and never could understand the attraction of any of these 'Women's" programmes. I've never subscribed to women's magazines either.

Far too busy to be bothered.

Loose Women? Tiresome minor celebs selling their lives for a few bob.

Woman's Hour? They seem on a different planet to women today.

And the Manx Radio one? Sorry, not my thing either.

I do wonder who actually listens to or watches this stuff.

• Like 3

I think you might be confusing what equality is, equality is about ensuring that individuals are treated fairly and with equal consideration, and not looked upon less favorably due to their age, sex, race, choice of sexual partner, religious views etc.

If there are women in the world who choose to discuss crochet, or swap gossip about celebrities,then that has no bearing on equality, unless you are suggesting that they are forced to only discuss such topics by an overbearing patriarchal society.

By making expectations of women to always care about feminist issues, you are the one setting back the equality movement.

Women shouldn't have to dance around subjects and skirt issues that interest them just because they fear that it might not fit with the feminist ideal or agenda, such a notion is contrary to the idea of equality.

In short, They can talk about what they want on the radio, because they have the freedom to do so.

And other women have the freedom to decide whether to listen to it or not.