Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man

Other people mentioning the same question to WiManx on Facebook regarding poor performance / pings. They are just receiving generic replies of course. WiManx should have made an official response to these issues with inter connect bandwidth really. My first support ticket was responded to with "We don't know of any issues", when i am 99% sure i wasn't the first person to mention it

Yeah, that's the same response I got too. Was quite underwhelming after everything I'd read about their exceptional customer services.

I'm on VDSL2 with Manx telecom. My router says that its syncing at 72Mbps while my download speeds seem to be 30-35 Mbps.

Could this be an issue with the wiring of the house?. Our 'master socket' is in a bedroom upstairs.

More likely the capability of whatever you are testing on or maybe separate the 5ghz wifi and change the channels. Have you tried testing with a Lan cable?

Have to say as this drags on the £34.94 per month I'm still paying for 'not-VDSL' is starting to rankle a bit.

It'd be nice if WiManx had perhaps made a gesture towards customers they've had for years and automatically just billed them for regular ADSL until they get this sorted out.

On top of the shit pings I had on Saturday even HD streaming has had a wobble or two the last few evenings.

They're clearly totally overloaded at peak times now, I had cause to download a file in the middle of the afternoon earlier in the week and it absolutely flew, once the schools had got home, it all dropped through the floor.

• Like 2

Maybe this will help.

Planned Maintenance Notification:

Due to further core network upgrades, maintenance is scheduled for 24/03/15 between 06:00-06:30 hours. VDSL and ADSL services may experience a brief outage during this maintenance window.

If you would like further information please email support@wimanx.com or call the Support Team on (0)1624 641188.

Kind regards,

Wi-Manx Support

Have to say as this drags on the £34.94 per month I'm still paying for 'not-VDSL' is starting to rankle a bit.

It'd be nice if WiManx had perhaps made a gesture towards customers they've had for years and automatically just billed them for regular ADSL until they get this sorted out.

On top of the shit pings I had on Saturday even HD streaming has had a wobble or two the last few evenings.

They're clearly totally overloaded at peak times now, I had cause to download a file in the middle of the afternoon earlier in the week and it absolutely flew, once the schools had got home, it all dropped through the floor.

I agree, if this continues I will be moving from Wimanx to Sure, if I am going to have crap broadband I may as well pay Sure a lot less for the privilege, they can give me VDSL for £21.95 with a free home phone, £13 cheaper than Wimanx!

I've been having awful issues with Wimanx today to the point where I've almost given up. Anyone know if anything particular is happening today?

not good here, 720p videos on youtube buffering badly(adsl2). time to switch to MT

Yeah can't even stream a 720p video off YouTube at the moment (this is on WiManx's amazing not-VDSL).

EDIT - Hang on haven't they got the maintenance going on this evening?

EDIT TO THE EDIT - Oh wasn't that supposed to be 6am this morning. Harrumph.

Edited by Twonky

https://secure.wimanx.com/Support/Status.asp

Says WARNING on the DSL status, but no detail behind it apart from some planned maintenance for Laxey customers on Thursday.

Been really poor here tonight too, I've been downloading some custom roms for my phone and they're trickling in at a poxy 300k/s. Not good.