Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man

I've rung them up to complain on behalf of myself and my in-laws, and my father-in-law rang them himself previous to that (and got a crappy stock answer hence escalating it to me).

IIRC we've only had VDSL for about 13 months and got a new FritzBox as part of the upgrade from ADSL, which I guess was on a 24 month contract.

I may need to look into that.

Traffic shaping and capping are two different things. Your Wimanx account is unlimited and you can download as much as you want 24/7... just really, really slowly smile.png

Worries me that they say they're prioritising streaming, considering the shocking streaming performance I'm seeing. My only saving grace is that most of the sports I stream air in the early hours so it's unaffected but the few times I've tried to watch highlights or special features in the earlier evening have been a disaster. I ended up hotspotting and streaming over the 3g network the other day which was flawless.

Running out of patience I must admit but I'm reluctant to get in bed with either of the other options either.

I agree my only thinking though is that if anyone is going to have masses of bandwidth, it's Telecom

But yeah, i am not the biggest advocate of Manx Telecom (no idea about Sure, except for a terrible mobile experience)

Guest MrFunk

You can add me to the official complaint list, I was in regular contact with them before I ever thought of looking on here. Phone, e-mail, it's still the same stock "nothing going on here" replies. The only partial sense I got out of them was the very first phone call where the tech let slip about the huge contention issues they were having.

I knew they were under new management but I had no idea Data Centre were involved, at that point all my loyalty goes out the window.

Edited by MrFunk

Real shame about wimanx. They used to strive to be the best technically and by far had the best customer service which counted for a lot.

4248667471.png

Unfortunately I've got about 21 months of my 24 month contract left. Welcome to broadband in 2015!

On wimanx's service status page it says this:

"Migration of VDSL broadband subscribers Off Laxey Exchange to the CNR ISAM - 26/03/2015"

Could a techie please explain what the CNR ISAM is please and what effect it might have as I'm in spitting distance of the exchange.

4248782788.png

Luckily I'm out of contract and will be leaving on Monday.

At what point are "they" in breach though? Does the blanket "up to 80mb" really cover them when your internet is unusable? Surely they have a duty to provide an adequate level of service?

this shit is getting crazy, downloaded 15gig torrent at full speed but cant watch youtube in hd. Switching to MT tomorrow.