Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man

It's absolute toss on Sure in Colby today, and has been more often than not over the last two weeks. 'Solutions' offered by sure are turn it off and on or get an ethernet cable!

4255606647.png

I wasn't even aware Colby had the Internet at all to be honest with you.

Oh aye, we're modern don't you know. It seems to have woken up a bit now.

Are you sure that sure 4g is uncapped?. I thought that the max data was 500 MB per day?

• Like 1

Pretty sure that's a soft cap, so you can go over at it but it's going to raise a flag against the account and gives them the right to terminate your service if you do it regularly. As always check the T&Cs.

Anyone tried since the "change"? I couldn't watch youtube last night without constant buffering. Started leaving videos in SD just so i can watch them

Guest MrFunk

It's still shite, even more so with the kids off. Right now would normally be peak performance time but I've just done 3 tests and averaged about 10Mb down.

anyone on MT / Sure having any issues?

Standard vdsl is still maxing out in psm, though of all the people I spoke to who are with sure 80/10 non have exceeded much beyond 40 even when they are beside the cab, again MT blamed as not being quick to fix whatever the issue is.

Guest MrFunk

It's still shite, even more so with the kids off. Right now would normally be peak performance time but I've just done 3 tests and averaged about 10Mb down.

Oh bugger, it seems that really was peak performance! I've spent the last hour trying to remote admin but have had to give up and resort to shouting instructions down the phone. With my Thai being as good as their English this is going to be a very long afternoon.

I couldn't even stream highlights over the nba gametime app at lunchtime. Hopeless.

We had problems with streaming again last night, I tried to watch a YouTube video at 720p before going to bed and simply gave up.

We've currently got an app on an iPadAir trying to perform an update and it looks like that could well be measured at an hour or two before it's done.

In fact we're at the point now where we can't rely on the internet at all, yes it's always 'there' and it's never technically gone down completely, but the net effect isn't far off being the same.

Of an evening now I always make sure I've got something pre-downloaded to the NAS or a DVD or suchlike to watch, as we simply can't rely on being able to stream anything without constant buffering.

Planned Maintenance Notification:

Network maintenance is scheduled for 02/04/15 between 05:00-06:00 hours. VDSL and ADSL customers may experience some disruption to service during this maintenance window.

If you would like further information please email support@wimanx.com or call the Support Team on (0)1624 641188.

Kind regards,

Wi-Manx Support

• Like 1

4258236465.png

Pretty sure customers are experiencing disruption right now, might as well do your maintenance now too.

• Like 1