Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man

Guest MrFunk

I'm not going to get too excited until I try it at 8-9 tonight. But it is a marked improvement over yesterday at the same time.

Guest MrFunk

Well either everybody else has given up trying to use it or there is a definite improvement with our connection. Tonight will be the real test but so far today I've seen the lowest pings since the problems started (first time below 20ms and it's been a steady 15-18 all morning), no packet loss worth mentioning and real download speeds around 5MB/s, this week up until now even the daytime has been a bit flakey so I've got my fingers crossed that they're finally getting on top of the problems.

My ping has dropped and during the day previously, it did reach points of being unusable, I did only get 14 megs down on a speedtest, but it's much better than 0.5. Hopefully, they may well have fixed it.

EDIT: Speedtest using the Preston/Manchester server, Wimanx one seems slower

Edited by AcousticallyChallenged

I'm away in the UK today but I've remoted back home and it's vastly improved following the work this morning. So that's good. I'm back tonight so I'll give it a proper testing then but positive signs.

4260092036.png

Currently barrelling through a 15GB download on Steam at a rock-solid 3.2MB/s, which is as fast as it's ever been for me.

See how it goes this evening but at the moment I'm definitely optimistic. Got this email before too:

Dear Customer,

Wi-Manx is making a significant investment to upgrade our network capability and capacity to support new and existing services. The latest phase of the network upgrade is in progress and as part of the project we have performed several maintenance operations out of hours. Regrettably work carried out on the 24th March actually introduced a fault which adversely affected speed for some customers. As soon as this fault was identified we acted swiftly and work was carried out this morning to correct the fault and accelerate the infrastructure upgrade.

As well as noticeable service improvements today Wi-Manx customers will see the benefits of the additional capacity when it comes on stream later this month.

We apologise to customers who may have been adversely affected and thank you for your patience during the upgrade project.

Kind Regards,

Wi-Manx Support

@ans - Yeah I love BCS, it's tip-top telly of absolutely the highest order. The first couple episodes were almost a bit too slow but once it got under my skin that was it.

Edited by Twonky

Not been too bad for me, but last night I couldn't even stream spotify, absolutely dire.

Been great with Wimanx up to now, hope they've not gone downhill and can sort this out.

Not been too bad for me, but last night I couldn't even stream spotify, absolutely dire.

Been great with Wimanx up to now, hope they've not gone downhill and can sort this out.

Yes last night it was effectively unusable, but they had the maintenance at 5am this morning and the hope is that's sorted it now!

Mine had a daft moment earlier but it seems to have come back again now.

Edit to add: Seems to be working pretty well so far, I've been able to stream stuff whilst downloading from Steam as well, whilst on Skype and downloading software updates to a laptop

Edited by AcousticallyChallenged

Not awesome, 100+ ping and download bandwidth to 10mb. Anyone else?