Millibean targets Tax Havens (again)

Flubbergump

Taxes are decided by democratically elected governments. It is the moral duty of people who live in societies that are governed by those democratically elected governments to pay the taxes that have been decided upon.

It really is that simple.

Tax levels are set by the consensus of society achieved by the decisions made by the democratically elected representatives of that society.

That doesn't work too well in practice though, does it? Because the government becomes ever larger and self serving with a voracious appetite for more and more tax. At least tax competition between states is one small lever of power mitigating against this.

I've never been able to take seriously anything Milliband says, ever since I saw him as a Spitting Image Puppet.

It is unfathomable why he is leader. They do actually have some people who come across as quite serious and intelligent. I know the unions put him there, but why?

Because his policies were the best choice for the union. I guess they didn't notice his lack of a spine, his funny face or his speech impediment.

I've never been able to take seriously anything Milliband says, ever since I saw him as a Spitting Image Puppet.

It is unfathomable why he is leader. They do actually have some people who come across as quite serious and intelligent. I know the unions put him there, but why?

Because his policies were the best choice for the union. I guess they didn't notice his lack of a spine, his funny face or his speech impediment.

Or the fact that the wider population chooses the government and not just the unions. At least not since 1974.

Edited by woolley

Taxes are decided by democratically elected governments. It is the moral duty of people who live in societies that are governed by those democratically elected governments to pay the taxes that have been decided upon.

It really is that simple.

No it is not. That is consensus government but nowhere within that model does it state that those who do not follow the consensus are immoral. Those who break the law may conceivably be accused of being immoral by others. But those governments pass the tax laws in those countries in the first place: and if an individual can legally minimise his tax footprint within those laws that have been democratically added to statute how is that immoral either?

You are a typical religious type: anything you don't like is simply "immoral" just because you don't like it.