Minister Resigns - Chris Robertshaw "The Enforcer"

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That is a good point well made. We used to be 80,000 alcoholics clinging to a rock. Now we are just 10,000 government workers clinging to a chequebook.

I was never an admirer of Robertshaw but what he said in his resignation note makes complete sense. However, it does show a degree of naivete to believe that things were going to change for the better

That's a huge part of it. I also believe that, in stark contrast to today, the politicians of 20/30/40 years ago had more of a social conscience, more unity in a national sense, and a lot less interes

I hope Mr Bell is on-island to deal with this and not sampling soft furnishings in Perth, Aus...Farewell the Cabinet Enforcer....I wonder what new position could be created to keep him "onboard" now.....?

It had to happen sometime. He says he is unlikely to stand at the next election. The lad has been knocked down from his perch and has read the writing on the wall at last. (A psychologist could probably give a more technical explanation).

I think it is quite unprecedented for an MHK to so drastically turn his back on the people who elected him to represent them. He became a Minister and became out of touch and out of control. Delusions of invincibility will only go so far. He became a true totalitarian if ever there was one despite The Big Debate bollocks and bleats of "protecting the vulnerable" - from my first hand knowledge, once he joined the big boys in CoMin he didn't give two hoots about the vulnerable, or indeed anybody else.

On a positive note, maybe now he is joining the back benches he can be of better use to the Island?

Edited by Wann

As the budgets run out the edifice starts to crumble, at least he appears to have fired a shot across the bows of Comin. The current inaction will only be solved by an election and for the good of the island Bell should call one.

• Like 2

My tuppence.

I only wish the man had got into Manx politics earlier in his career.

A highly intelligent, successful businessman, with a very clear vision to dramatically improve the Isle of Man despite strangling financial circumstances.

You people will get what you really want eventually.

Pain & lots of it. Idiots.

Edited by Nom de plume
  • Like 6

My tuppence.

I only wish the man had got into Manx politics earlier in his career.

A highy intelligent, successful businessman, with a very clear vision to dramatically improve the Isle of Man despite strangling financial circumstances.

You people will get what you really want eventually.

Pain & lots of it. Idiots.

The downside of island petty politics. My local parish council has more real-world competence than the likes of Bell and Teare.

This resignation is a sign of what is to come.

• Like 1

This is the problem with Manx Politics.

We'll never know what factions COMIN was divided into. We won't at the next election be presented with a Robertshaw Party advocating a policy of small government or a Mr X Party advocating maintaining current levels.

I was never an admirer of Robertshaw but what he said in his resignation note makes complete sense. However, it does show a degree of naivete to believe that things were going to change for the better with Ministers not looking to constantly build their own empires at the expense of everyone else, including the Manx taxpayer!

• Like 7