Manx Gas

Max Power

I have never voted for Quirk so will not miss my vote but as our constituency is now down to 2 MHKs he does not stand a chance. The letter that was sent to him probably went way above his head that is why Ball had to reply to it. Do not forget the £100000 SPC. report that never saw the light of day. I have maintained for years that OFT dept. be scrapped it is not fit for purpose and must cost a nice few bob in wages and horror !! pensions . The other department that is useless is the planning department, I would like to know how much that costs to run , each authority could sort their own planning out at no cost. These departments could be shut down and a good saving would be made. Another department that could be done without is the Dog Licensing lot, it was said some time ago that the money received in license payments just covered the cost of the staff administration... but what about the pensions ?? when the present officers retire they will be getting pensions and the new staff will be employed, their wages may be covered but the pensions of previous staff will not and that is how it is going wrong, pensions are the problem and nothing is being done about it, if it were a private company living in the real world this would be a problem that would be considered top priority.

100k a year job being head of the oft.

Sorry to disappoint SS but Peter Karren has always had my vote , I believe him to be an honest manflowers.gif

eta just out of idle curiosity what have you "achieved" in your "career"biggrin.png

Edited by paswt
  • Like 2

To be fair he ( or anyone standing for that matter ) isn't going to agree with Quirk is he?

RC said he wasn't but everyone knows that he will be. Hence the LA housing campaign and going against Quirk.

From reading previous posts on here, Mr. Callister will seek re-election in Onchan and then look at the HOKs elections after 1st May 2016.

Possibly standing in Onchan, Garff or Douglas North

Sorry to disappoint SS but Peter Karren has always had my vote , I believe him to be an honest manflowers.gif

eta just out of idle curiosity what have you "achieved" in your "career"biggrin.png

Honesty alone does not make an effective public representative.

And you don't need a career, or to have achieved anything, to recognise that.

Somebody, anybody, needs to oust Karran in Onchan.

A witless oaf who has made a career out of achieving nothing and opposing everything.

Peter certainly isn't witless. He may not come over as the most articulate speaker but he certainly has all his faculties at home. He is far more intelligent than a lot of people give him credit for. He has time for people and gets things done for his constituents so far as he is able within the system. I think he has his seat secure for as long as he wants it. I don't agree with him on some of his policies but I do respect him.

Edited by woolley
  • Like 5

A witless oaf who has made a career out of achieving nothing and opposing everything.

Peter certainly isn't witless. He may not come over as the most articulate speaker but he certainly has all his faculties at home. He is far more intelligent than a lot of people give him credit for. He has time for people and gets things done for his constituents so far as he is able within the system. I think he has his seat secure for as long as he wants it. I don't agree with him on some of his policies but I do respect him.

Couldn't have put it better myself, excellent post Woolleyflowers.gif

Honesty alone does not make an effective public representative.

And you don't need a career, or to have achieved anything, to recognise that.

Spot the political member, but which one?

lol , not me manxy, I've posted before in relation to Peter Karren, I like him because he strikes me as being honest and asks 'unpalatable' questions and when I had a problem he got back to me and offered assistance, the relevant 'minister' didn't want to know , as did another MHK .

I believe you should speak as you findflowers.gif

>He has time for people and gets things done for his constituents so far as he is able within the system.

Could he not of achieved the same as a Commissioner?

He's unintelligible, and long since past his best.

Plenty of experience, but nothing to nail his cap to.

All flash and no photo.

Give him a gong and a gala dinner.

Thanks Peter, but give Men in Sheds a try during your retirement.

TBT.