Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Max Power

Manx Gas

Non of our MHK;s seem willing to ask the, to me anyway, most pertinent question of the day, - How can Mr Ball and Mr quirk quantify signing this contract with MG? without taking it to Tinpotland.

Its now well past time, we the public were given some answers , the two of them have a lot to answer for over this matter, and both must surely face some form of censure.

Edited by mannin1

OFT - Overly Financed Twats.

On a brighter note, bet MG are cursing this mild weather. Expect a new UWPT (unseasonably warm penalty tariff) rolled out before Christmas at this rate. Sorry for using the ''C'' word.

• Like 1

Non of our MHK;s seem willing to ask the, to me anyway, most pertinent question of the day, - How can Mr Ball and Mr quirk quantify signing this contract with MG? without taking it to Tinpotland.

They're not that stupid. Start rocking the boat and there's the danger that the next difficult question might land on their desks for a decision.

Its now well past time, we the public were given some answers , the two of them have a lot to answer for over this matter, and both must surely face some form of censure.

The question was asked in October Tynwald by Mrs Beecroft, after some reminding the CM issued a letter to Mrs Beecroft (copying all Tynwald members) dated 27th Oct. It does not really say much, basically "There was no requirement for the agreement to be brought before Tynwald"

If you want to see the entire letter I'm sure your local MHK will be happy to let you have a copy .... I'm not going to post it on here as I was shown the letter in confidence.

The question was asked in October Tynwald by Mrs Beecroft, after some reminding the CM issued a letter to Mrs Beecroft (copying all Tynwald members) dated 27th Oct. It does not really say much, basically "There was no requirement for the agreement to be brought before Tynwald"

If you want to see the entire letter I'm sure your local MHK will be happy to let you have a copy .... I'm not going to post it on here as I was shown the letter in confidence.

Like there was no requirement for all manner of below the surface dealings, which have later surfaced to be brought before Tynwald, whats the point of having elected representatives if "commercial confidentiality" keeps them out of the loop or they don't get to vote on it at all !!

Like there was no requirement for all manner of below the surface dealings, which have later surfaced to be brought before Tynwald, whats the point of having elected representatives if "commercial confidentiality" keeps them out of the loop or they don't get to vote on it at all !!

My memory isn't what it used to be but I recall reading somewhere that as a Statutory Board the OFT are not permitted to enter into any agreements that effectively fixes prices for specific services without the express approval (presumably by a majority vote) of Tynwald. I might be wrong but didn't Tynwald pass that Act as a result of the MEA debacle??

You would certainly hope so. FFS - what a place we've became.

We've become what a poster on these boards (sorry, can't remember their name) predicted about five years ago...longtails in cage slowly sinking in water...all scrabbling, rodent-eat-rodent, for survival. Which will be the biggest, fattest ones that will prevail under current politics.

Quirkio coming up on manx radio talking heads to explain all

Another hour of pre-recorded clips and music coming up then followed by a lack of calls Talking Heads (HARDLY)

Gas fiasco makes us [OFT] look more professional, says Quirk

• Like 1

Embarrassingly pathetic !

Can anyone explain to me what he actually xxxxxxx said ?

Edited by asitis