Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Max Power

Manx Gas

To he fair manx gas haven't said everyone will have a cheaper bill.

That's true, but it's revenue neutral for MG, allegedly . Not expenditure neutral for their customers.

As i've said many times - it's their best customers that are getting stung.

It is pretty much revenue neutral to begin with. But it locks in a bigger income regardless of gas usage. And of course once gas rises they benefit much more because so much is loaded into the Standing Charge element.

• Like 1

It's 40p a litre here.

Reasonable I suppose...

It's 40p a litre here.

It depends how much you order.

Well i paid for a 1000 litres for someone else and it was 40p. I'm not on oil but what i've said is correct. I did it about a month ago.

Thankfully there is no room in the so called "upper chamber" for this excuse for a politician.

The people of Onchan wlll hopefully give the cretin his just deserts next year !!

• Like 1

I'm sure he will find something to whinge about and become the people's champion before campaigning starts properly next year. Then everyone will forget the whole OFT farce.

• Like 1

I doubt it very much Fact, 3 years of approaching rip off pricing will ensure the moron will pay for what he and his equally moronic executive MB have done here.

Edited by mannin1

Reported on BBC this morning 'Gas prices set to fall further and remain low for around ten years!'

The Isle of Man consumer will not benefit very much at all, Manx gas have constructed their charging system to maximise their profits while gas prices are low. This is almost criminal and to have a representative of the people sign up to this disgusts me.

How dare they use my money to market their monopoly, there should be a public enquiry into the actions of this rogue organisation!

• Like 4

Mike Ball should be sacked for his part in this shambles, the people of Onchan will hopefully give Quirk the jerk his reward come election time !!

• Like 1

Mike Ball should be sacked for his part in this shambles, the people of Onchan will hopefully give Quirk the jerk his reward come election time !!

+1 or in Quirks case -1

• Like 2

I rang Manx Gas today and instructed them to terminate the supply ..... My God I enjoyed it !