Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
samster

Looks like the burglars are back!

Herr Spook is full of convictions of a xenophobic nature...

There's worse things to be full of, P.K. as you more than most be aware of.

• Like 1

Herr Spook is full of convictions of a xenophobic nature...

There's worse things to be full of, P.K. as you more than most be aware of.

In English please.

Any convictions ?

The thread is resurrected after 3 months, with that comment. Sounds like a taunt of some sort.

Any convictions ?

The thread is resurrected after 3 months, with that comment. Sounds like a taunt of some sort.

Given the length of time matters take to come to court and the trial process I thought it was a legitimate question.

It's certainly not taunting anyone. It's a genuine question. Have there been any convictions ?

Nope. And like the VAT fraud thingymujig the wheels are surely turning in teh background.

In the early 1980s there was the biggest and most obvious fraud and dodgy accounting scandal this Island has ever come across, in the form of the Savings & Investment Bank (SIB) collapse. That took 8 years to come to court. The 75 year old deemster brought over from the bigland to preside, ruled that the case had taken too long to come to trial and they was all let off (and some of them continued as prominent businessmen in an office near you....)

• Like 5

The burglars may be gone, who cares? The damn scaremongering made me hide 2 pairs of earrings, neither of which I can find. Stupid police and stupid burglars and stupid MrBees for buying me earrings I cannot afford to lose :) No mention of stupid me for forgetting where I have put them, I like to blame others for my imperfections.

• Like 7

The burglars may be gone, who cares? The damn scaremongering made me hide 2 pairs of earrings, neither of which I can find. Stupid police and stupid burglars and stupid MrBees for buying me earrings I cannot afford to lose smile.png No mention of stupid me for forgetting where I have put them, I like to blame others for my imperfections.

Bees, if it makes you feel any better, I have done the same with a ring!

• Like 1

So news has it they may be back? Keep your stuff locked and a nine iron by the bed.

• Like 1

So news has it they may be back? Keep your stuff locked and a nine iron by the bed.

what news? there's been a few people in court in the last few weeks for burglaries if that's what you mean.

Dear Readers,

The 'burglars' are not 'back'

There have been burglaries, but the burglars who did the burglaries are not thought to be the 'burglars' who did the 'burglaries'.

Hope that helps. Always useful to get some facts in the way early doors biggrin.png

Derek

• Like 6

I think it's the police doing them myself ! I'm sure I saw Flinty driving a pickup with a 2500lt diesel tank and pump on the back! Drinking a pint of milk he was.

Rumours started, ring for prices.