Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
samster

Looks like the burglars are back!

"They're back" is just a form of psychological projection. They never left here. They live here. They are scum who are in our midst. We pass them in the street. They are the same people who litter and don't pick up dog poo.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 2112 said:

If they have returned or another lot started off, they can be safe in the knowledge that IOM Police are next to useless (there are one or two good police officers and one or two recently retired ones) and there is no chance they will be caught. They couldn’t solve the last crimewave a couple of years ago, what chance this time. Coupled with the fact that someone is setting fire to buildings on Mona Street, of which nobody has been caught. 

Unless they’re walking round with a joint in their pocket the fuzz have no chance of catching them. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

They've arrested someone for that.

Haven’t they released the person they had in custody 

Been looking at the posts on Facebook. It’s starting to look like mass hysteria again to me. Someone said something to a taxi driver and now it’s real and we should all be sacred! 

• Thanks 1

I AM sacred. Or a relic - one or t'other...

• Haha 2

Sacred blur - is most of my Sunday mornings.

12 hours ago, Cheesy Wheezy said:

Someone said something to a taxi driver and now it’s real and we should all be sacred! 

A taxi driver said something scary to me.

"That'll be 33 quid"

Feck me...half that in uk.

14 hours ago, 2112 said:

If they have returned or another lot started off, they can be safe in the knowledge that IOM Police are next to useless (there are one or two good police officers and one or two recently retired ones) and there is no chance they will be caught. They couldn’t solve the last crimewave a couple of years ago, what chance this time. Coupled with the fact that someone is setting fire to buildings on Mona Street, of which nobody has been caught. 

Rather unfair. 

There is a world of difference between being 'caught', and having sufficient evidence to charge, with a realistic prospect of a conviction at court. 

I'm not going to elaborate on that, but even with this 'spike', detection rates for burglary is still far higher than in the UK. 

40 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

Rather unfair. 

There is a world of difference between being 'caught', and having sufficient evidence to charge, with a realistic prospect of a conviction at court. 

I'm not going to elaborate on that, but even with this 'spike', detection rates for burglary is still far higher than in the UK. 

There may be for you, but for us members of the public it simply means that nobody was caught. This also means they're still out there.

As for your last sentence that's just internet horseshit. Its sounds like a school playground. "I know something that you don't know ner ner ner".  If you can't contribute to the thread because you're privy to information which you're contractually unable to disclose, then don't contribute. You sound like Rob fecking Callister with the old "I'm so important I know something you don't" bullshit. You retired. Your working knowledge was current until the day you left the job. From then on you are just a civvy like the rest of us.

8 minutes ago, piebaps said:

You sound like Rob fecking Callister with the old "I'm so important I know something you don't" bullshit. You retired. Your working knowledge was current until the day you left the job. From then on you are just a civvy like the rest of us.

Bloody hell Pb where did that come from! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Why would knowledge, pre DF's retirement, be invalid now simply because he's retired?

Lord knows, we bring enough Civil Servants back from retirement on a "consultancy" basis because of their employment-accrued knowledge.

58 minutes ago, piebaps said:

There may be for you, but for us members of the public it simply means that nobody was caught. This also means they're still out there.

As for your last sentence that's just internet horseshit. Its sounds like a school playground. "I know something that you don't know ner ner ner".  If you can't contribute to the thread because you're privy to information which you're contractually unable to disclose, then don't contribute. You sound like Rob fecking Callister with the old "I'm so important I know something you don't" bullshit. You retired. Your working knowledge was current until the day you left the job. From then on you are just a civvy like the rest of us.

are you having a bad day by any chance?

I’ve heard from friends in the Police and via work that those responsible for the burglaries were arrested but without the evidence required to charge; it would explain why it stopped so suddenly and supports what Derek is alluding to.

• Like 1