Cringlegate

Amadeus

Cringlegate  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am female, and I did laugh at what was written! From a blokes prospective it's probably true - it just goes to show no matter how old you are none of you blokes will ever understand us! smile.png

Don't worry. We derive a great deal of pleasure from being mystified about you.

It ain't funny and it ain't offensive either. Anyone offended by this piss poor piece of 'satire' needs their head examined. Terry's harmless enough but if I was his editor I'd tell him to go away and write something decent. To me, the 'Fluffy Bunny' hour is a sad reflection of the station's current management style and culture.

• Like 2

Young Kate is a bit opinionated. She has confidence beyond her knowledge but that is not unusual nowadays. Beth is quite solid except when she loses it, but where did the other woman come from? She sounds quite dippy and I hadn't heard her on the station before. She's always on about her divorce and shortage of a man. Glad I'm not her ex. He doesn't get a good press.

I'm waiting for them all to go on a day out flying with the sponsor like Brindley has to.

Live flying lesson threeway - now that could be entertaining

Or, there's always this: http://mashable.com/2015/03/07/human-cannonball-gopro-video/?utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Mashable+%28Mashable%29&utm_cid=Mash-Prod-RSS-Feedburner-All-Partial&utm_medium=feed&utm_source=feedburner

Edited by Donald Trumps

I've not heard the programme - it sounds like it's a load of 'forced' camaraderie and hilarious banter which is really not my thing.

However, it's not like Terry Cringle hasn't made a career out of peddling cheap controversy for even cheaper laughs. Therefore, I see their programme merely as an extension of the great man's legacy.

Everyone has to start somewhere.

It's really not something which helps the island's image in terms of being modern.

Oh Christ here we go, I wondered how long it would be before someone brought up the "Island's image".

At what point in history did the IOM become a place where we have to analyse anything and everything that might upset the wider world incase they maybe on the brink of setting up business here?

You could employ JK Rowling to write our newspaper articles & pave the entire island (glens hills the lot) with Chinese granite & LED lighting if you want & still the only reason these "outside investors" would come here is because we charge them fuck all in tax.

• Like 3

Voted "sack him". Can't stand his unctious prose and smarmy manner.

That said, I don't think he's being sexist here. It's hard to tell, I admit, because he's such a dreadful writer, but the acid test is who is the humour aimed at?

It seems to me he's trying to send up crusty old sticks like himself confronted by a changing workplace. Quite groundbreaking ... in a Spencer Tracy / Katheryn Hepburn movie.

Part of the problem is he didn't signpost what he was trying to do early enough. So you get to the women like to talk bit, before he has established that he's trying to do.

That's never been good practice but nowadays! No one reads further than a few paragraphs on Facebook.

The programme is a load of rubbish, I turn off every day at 2.00.p.m. I did listen once and they were going on about teflon and cling film leading to an early menopause. That was enough for me, what a load of crap. I can just see a lot of dozy women ditching their teflon pans.......and one of them was bemoaning she enjoyed making her porage in one....panic....life is too short to listen to this drivel.

Our Tel.

With a thread all of his. On manxforums.com

It's even been titled "Telgate".

Ok, ok...... "Cringlegate".

But who'd believe it?

Technology and that there internet has come a long way. I remember when Manx Radio went all computery and all Mr Cringle's emails had to be picked up by an intern (an American lass as it so happens). But let's admit it, we was all mostly a bit techno unsavvy in those days. And Tel kept his clackety typewriter in the MR ofice, amongst all them plastic box things and glowing screens and floppy discs and that. Just to show those young bucks who was really 'the man'.

But....a thread on manxforums.com......all of his own.

Not many get that you know.

Edited by Wann