• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you've got complaints about the station...just wait till you see the new trams.     This one's the new (MLCs only) dining tram.

Due to open March 23rd is Islands latest example of chronic incompetence and massive waste of public funds   If this were a competition then Laxey Station would not even be in the top ten of embarra

We import them, like the granite. How Longworth is still in a job I will never know, my left testicle knows more about how to run the Island's transport than him.

Posted Images

Like it or not, I'd say that the granite blocks are here to stay unless someone knows different?

Well, at least you'll know to take care if a couple or Romanians turn up on your door offering to lay a cheap patio for cash.

Had a look at the weekend. It's quite nice. The paving is nowhere near as overpowering as I thought when looking at the photos.

Well its grey, it's just dull and bland. They've done a good job laying it, all looks neat and tidy but it doesn't really do much for me.

• 2 weeks later...
Sorted, at last!

Looks like DOI didn't think about the 'oil' factor, did they? 100% the oil will be spread all over the paved area and will now require regular cleaning maintenance. I wonder if that was budgeted for?

20150409 201314

20150409 201308

Edited by Andy Onchan

The oil has always been there - before it would have just soaked into the ground... At least this way it can be treated and cleaned properly.

Like what - every day? At what cost?

It's a bloody mess.

This problem should have been factored in at design stage.

Like everything else these clowns do it will end up costing more money.

• Like 1

Sorted, at last!
Looks like DOI didn't think about the 'oil' factor, did they? 100% the oil will be spread all over the paved area and will now require regular cleaning maintenance. I wonder if that was budgeted for?

The solution is simple, simply replace the whitemetal bearings for the axles and motors and re-equip the whole fleet with roller bearings that do not need oiling every day.

Problem solved, cost pretty large but hey just think how much better the unecessary granite paving and unecessary and oversized grooved rail would look without oil dripping everywhere.

They concreted around some tracks in the depot. The oil makes them like a skating ring, comes of employing foreign experts rather than using local knowledge and experience.