My friend commented this afternoon that the station has lost its Victorian charm and is now "a sterile wasteland merging the worst of container depot ambience amid soulless corporate HQ groundworks". Oddly poetic but sadly dead right.

• Like 7
  • Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you've got complaints about the station...just wait till you see the new trams.     This one's the new (MLCs only) dining tram.

Due to open March 23rd is Islands latest example of chronic incompetence and massive waste of public funds   If this were a competition then Laxey Station would not even be in the top ten of embarra

We import them, like the granite. How Longworth is still in a job I will never know, my left testicle knows more about how to run the Island's transport than him.

Posted Images

My friend commented this afternoon that the station has lost its Victorian charm and is now "a sterile wasteland merging the worst of container depot ambience amid soulless corporate HQ groundworks". Oddly poetic but sadly dead right.

beautifully poetic ...any chance your friend could make this a regular feature on other island regeneration projects?

• Like 1

just been down to the station, it looks brilliant. What a fantastic boost for the village. Remember its not all about the MER, it will benefit Laxey residents and the accessibility for all is vastly improved day and night. Well done to all the Laxey residents who took part in the consultation process and well done Steve Rodan for getting it done. To those that don't like it, do any of you live in Laxey? or have any particular skills or qualifications in urban regeneration?

Taste is a very personal thing but tidying up the shitty old station was well overdue and the other improvements are great too.

• Like 1

This obsession with Victorian Charm....

I believe it to have been the club-foot of progress in our tourism industry. The reliance on it, a false sense of security which induced a malaise in financial investment and imaginative forethought. Even in this modern age, the tax-payer invests money sustaining it, whether it loses money or not. Quaint it may well be, interesting for the (probably dwindling) holidaying-enthusiast's, but holding no great mass-appeal. Losing some of what remains is no big deal.

The station looks neat and tidy. Probably meets all the Health and Safety requirements too.