modeltech - Douglas

I don't get chance to drop into town often - but I have started up an old hobby again and needed a couple of bits. Modeltech I thought ..

Shop shuttered up and no sign of stock.

Has it closed? - if so it looks like I will have to dig my flask, passport and ice axe out for a trip to Ramsey.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Auto-erotic asphyxiation, he has the Hornby.

he could talk the talk ok !. ...................... that is all....

Where is Allan Bell going to get spare parts for all his Stepford MHKs now?   I suppose they could use Geoff Corkish for now...all his parts are unworn and hardly used...as he does f**k all.

I don't get chance to drop into town often - but I have started up an old hobby again and needed a couple of bits. Modeltech I thought ..

Shop shuttered up and no sign of stock.

Has it closed? - if so it looks like I will have to dig my flask, passport and ice axe out for a trip to Ramsey.

Yes its closed, seen it on that shit shops Facebook page. The model shop in Ramsey doesn't have much other than dolls houses, train sets and bits of balsa wood.

It would be such a shame if it shut. He was always extremely helpful.

It is shut :-(

Nice bloke, nice shop, and never struck me as any more expensive than online.

All the people who shopped on line will be the ones whining when they need something quickly and there is no local shop anymore.

• Like 1

It would be such a shame if it shut. He was always extremely helpful.

It is shut :-(

Nice bloke, nice shop, and never struck me as any more expensive than online.

All the people who shopped on line will be the ones whining when they need something quickly and there is no local shop anymore.

he could talk the talk ok !. ...................... that is all....

• Like 2

I was having a conversation the other night with a friend who used to work there and it has indeed closed down, which is a shame as it was a good little shop, I was told the rent for it is in the region of £30,000 a year. I have no idea how much this compares to other businesses in Strand Street.