Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
mannin1

Undemocratic Farce !

the same Masonic x-factor voting system we had earlier this year.

A level reckoning and squared off very nicely.

the masonicly influenced Ralph Peake will make some difference.

Not just influenced - he has disclosed that he's a member http://www.tynwald.org.im/memoff/interest/Documents/PeakeGR.pdf

Good on him for honestly disclosing.

Are you implying that there are elected representatives who are Masons but haven't honestly disclosed??

• Like 1

Well it took that bohemoth of deep political thinking Geoff Corkish quite some time before he declared his adherence to freemasonry. But to be fair, he just forgot.

Forgetful Geoff

As it relates to the present election system, once a person has been subject to two election processes then the Rules should prevent his name from continuing to be brought forward to further election rounds, as it is clear that the electors don't have confidence or that the candidate is suitable. Any views?

Last time, one of then got over £250,000 and a pension after 19 ballots and 3 sittings. I am told by one MHK that he just got bored and had had enough so he ended up voting for him.

As it relates to the present election system, once a person has been subject to two election processes then the Rules should prevent his name from continuing to be brought forward to further election rounds, as it is clear that the electors don't have confidence or that the candidate is suitable. Any views?

Sounds fair.

A better system would be to scrap the entire thing. It really is pointless and i'm yet to see a valid argument to keep it. Those 11 must cost us £1m a year. Awful.

• Like 2

People want directly elected MLCs who aren't tainted by 'collective responsibility' of government

All the better if they could be paid an attendance allowance rather than a massive salary

Edited by Donald Trumps

If Michael Moyle isn't elected then it will truly highlight what a farce legco is.

• Like 5

....or would it be another pension for one of the 'Establishment'?

If Michael Moyle isn't elected then it will truly highlight what a farce legco is.

I quite like Michael Moyle. I hope he gets in.

• Like 1

Let's face it, if MM doesn't know enough about some MHks to guarantee selection then there is seriously something wrong.

• Like 1

Michael Moyle has the ability to distinguish between fact and bullshit. That alone should prevent him getting in

• Like 1

the masonicly influenced Ralph Peake will make some difference.

Not just influenced - he has disclosed that he's a member http://www.tynwald.org.im/memoff/interest/Documents/PeakeGR.pdf

Good on him for honestly disclosing.

Are you implying that there are elected representatives who are Masons but haven't honestly disclosed??

Not specifically. I was just saying that it's good and encouraging that he has almost immediately disclosed that.

omf, he has little choice but to declare, almost immediately or not. I would have preferred to have known his allegiances prior to his election but they are secretive souls, these freemasons.

• Like 1

Yes, I think candidates should have to declare such things before an election, not just after they are elected.