Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
mannin1

Undemocratic Farce !

Working collectively to ensure the future of not only their otherwise unelectable ilk but also the system itself. How much longer can it brazenly continue...?

• Like 1

Working collectively to ensure the future of not only their otherwise unelectable ilk but also the system itself.

Is that the unelectable ilk that were, err, elected at the last election? Democratically elected that is.

Edited by The Sick Moon

TRULY UNDEMOCRATIC !!!

You keep harping on about that, but what do you mean exactly?

Demonstrate how the process is in any way Democratic to be able to elect your Buddies, and I will stop harping as you so rudely put it Sicko

• Like 1

They were democratically elected to serve the people as MHKs, now undemocratically extended to a life of silver spooned gravy slurping, far removed from their constituents.

• Like 2

We have now had 5 MHKs effectively give up the seats they were elected too over the course of this parliament, which is still not 4 years old yet. I think Farce is a good word for this.

Plus five bi-elections forced all at the taxpayers expense. If you stand at an election to represent the constituency for 5 years and you're duly elected then you represent the constituency for 5 years not 3 or 4.

Edited by Trueblood
  • Like 2

Demonstrate how the process is in any way Democratic to be able to elect your Buddies, and I will stop harping as you so rudely put it Sicko

Well, it falls to democratically elected MHKs to elect those they see fit to serve on the Legislative Council.

Working collectively to ensure the future of not only their otherwise unelectable ilk but also the system itself. How much longer can it brazenly continue...?

Until we get an independent review of the system.

Well, it falls to democratically elected MHKs to elect those they see fit to serve on the Legislative Council.

I agree that we need a scrutiny body but this system is clearly designed to allow no hopers a parachute to get them into Legco!

Corkish, Cretney, Crookall, Henderson and Anderson were all in extreme danger of not being re-elected and were pretty much a useless bunch of nodding dogs.

The MLC elections should be held just after the General Election. Only non sitting MHK's should be allowed to put their name forward and this should be done prior to the General Election! In other words, you make your choice and hope that those newly elected think that you are worthy!

• Like 3

Where's the integrity? They were elected by the people to serve them for five years. This is so wrong.

As I said when Henderson was elevated to the poopdeck.... no backbone.

Shysters, all five of them.

• Like 1

So who fills the ministerial gap...

Exclude - the four newbies, speaker, and the recently quit Robertshaw.

The Lib Van two and Zac Hall are very unlikely. And Brenda seems to be winding down.

That leaves -

Thomas

Cannon

Singer

Cregeen

Quirkio

Houghton

Thomas is obviously the best man for the job but will he be welcomed into the Rainbow Coalition. That leaves Cannon as the last scrappings from the bottom of the barrel and after that it's into the subsoil and on down. You have to move dinosaur fossils to get to Houghton.