Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
mannin1

Undemocratic Farce !

Next move?

Claire Christian born September 1945 retires in 2016 after doing 5 years as President of Tynwald?

All change again?

I would certainly agree with Claire being brought back into play, after all when she ran the DHSS she ran it extremely well. I would move Howard out, replace him with Claire, with Rodan being President and Quayle into Cabinet office, as the main criteria for this post is in the UK they call it spin, here we call it bull xxxxx, and Howard is full of it, and can make it in excessive amounts.

• Like 1

So let me get this right ....... for those in favour we need a revising chamber to pore over legislation and decide it is fit for purpose ...

Three qualified lawyers put themselves forward and not one gets elected, instead we elect three also rans, who the electorate wouldn't choose to elect again because of their lack of well anything !!!

Unbelievable !!!!

Well the above clearly and without doubt that the 24 are not competent in being involved in the position

Got to admit it though Tim was not as stupid as some would assume, he knew that his chance of getting re-elected were slim so jumped on the old legco liferaft, absolutely spineless but thats politics.

In his "victory" speech in 2011 you could tell in his voice that Crookall himself was absolutely amazed to have been re-elected. Even someone with all the charisma of a bucket of mackerel and an IQ to match could see that there are/were at least half a dozen sitting MHKs who were so low in the public esteem as to make them all but unelectable. Four have now escaped to the promised land. Can anyone seriously believe that this farce cannot be allowed to continue and that major political reform has to follow this debacle.

Every cloud..........at least we will not have to put up with the long meandering of Braidwood in Legco, second only to Eddie Lowey in the elongated, boring speeches stakes. Hopefully the recent influx will have the wit to just cough and splutter and "hear, hear" their way through future sittings.

A black day for the Isle of Man.

• Like 3

I suppose that, looking for the positives, it gives the electorate a chance to improve the quality of the House of Keys. The can't be any more Malarkeys and Burns' about............can there?

Yes Lord Boot, and from his core vote over the last two elections, he would taking some beating, no well known name springs to mind for Glenfaba, bar John Kennaugh, god forbid, he would drive me to vote for Boot. unless I stood?

I suppose that, looking for the positives, it gives the electorate a chance to improve the quality of the House of Keys. The can't be any more Malarkeys and Burns' about............can there?

Yes Lord Boot, and from his core vote over the last two elections, he would taking some beating, no well known name springs to mind for Glenfaba, bar John Kennaugh, god forbid, he would drive me to vote for Boot. unless I stood?

Uh-oh...!

Doesn't being convicted of electoral fraud prohibit one from standing, if not it should.

• Like 1

Got to admit it though Tim was not as stupid as some would assume, he knew that his chance of getting re-elected were slim so jumped on the old legco liferaft, absolutely spineless but thats politics.

In his "victory" speech in 2011 you could tell in his voice that Crookall himself was absolutely amazed to have been re-elected. Even someone with all the charisma of a bucket of mackerel and an IQ to match could see that there are/were at least half a dozen sitting MHKs who were so low in the public esteem as to make them all but unelectable. Four have now escaped to the promised land. Can anyone seriously believe that this farce cannot be allowed to continue and that major political reform has to follow this debacle.

Every cloud..........at least we will not have to put up with the long meandering of Braidwood in Legco, second only to Eddie Lowey in the elongated, boring speeches stakes. Hopefully the recent influx will have the wit to just cough and splutter and "hear, hear" their way through future sittings.

A black day for the Isle of Man.

There is one very big plus, Braidwood was got rid off, but I wouldn't mind he will stand in East Douglas at the next election, and he is more electable that Robertshaw, or if Robertsaw didn't stand in East Douglas, as we have a spare seat in Middle where Robertshaw may well stand.

Doesn't being convicted of electoral fraud prohibit one from standing, if not it should.

I was not convicted of electoral fraud, it would be for the people to decide, had and have plenty of time to canvass!!!!!

I was not convicted of electoral fraud, it would be for the people to decide, had and have plenty of time to canvass!!!!!

Sorry, my apologies. Just so I don't get it wrong again what were you convicted of?

Sorry, my apologies. Just so I don't get it wrong again what were you convicted of?

Well you are going to have to take the time out and go to the Court House to find out the facts, have fun.

Next move?

Claire Christian born September 1945 retires in 2016 after doing 5 years as President of Tynwald?

All change again?

That needs a re-think

President of Tynwald should be like the UK 'Father of the House', a figure of deference & not an appointment to preside - Mr Speaker should preside over Keys & Tynwald

Well you are going to have to take the time out and go to the Court House to find out the facts, have fun.

Not sure why you never want to set the record straight but based on my search of the judgements as far as I can tell you admitted (and thereby were guilty of) to conspiring dishonestly to secure proxy votes, conspiring to steal and conspiring to forge a document. All of which can be called electoral fraud in my book, but I'm happy to be corrected.

Actually, you might make a good MHK.

• Like 1

Next move?

All change again?

That needs a re-think

President of Tynwald should be like the UK 'Father of the House', a figure of deference & not an appointment to preside - Mr Speaker should preside over Keys & Tynwald

Whatever happened to The Godfather of Manx House?

Next move?

All change again?

I would certainly agree with Claire being brought back into play, after all when she ran the DHSS she ran it extremely well. I would move Howard out, replace him with Claire, with Rodan being President and Quayle into Cabinet office, as the main criteria for this post is in the UK they call it spin, here we call it bull xxxxx, and Howard is full of it, and can make it in excessive amounts.

No Clare Christian can retire and look after all those horses that won't be required while Douglas promenade is being re-modelled.

Edited by Moghrey Mie