Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
mannin1

Undemocratic Farce !

I think that the argument that they should have to serve their full five years depends on what they are being 'elevated' (not my opinion) to.

If it were a necessary, meaningful role, then moving 'up' would be acceptable, surely?

So, Boot and Hanson for the Keys? Are we winners?

So who fills the ministerial gap...

Exclude - the four newbies, speaker, and the recently quit Robertshaw.

The Lib Van two and Zac Hall are very unlikely. And Brenda seems to be winding down.

That leaves -

Thomas

Cannon

Singer

Cregeen

Quirkio

Houghton

Thomas is obviously the best man for the job but will he be welcomed into the Rainbow Coalition. That leaves Cannon as the last scrappings from the bottom of the barrel and after that it's into the subsoil and on down. You have to move dinosaur fossils to get to Houghton.

Yes I fully agree, COMIN wont let Chris Thomas in through the Door, but John Houghton would be sound but again COMIN wont let him in the Door, but I will bet that Shhimmin will be elevated, with Chris Thomas to replace Shimmin, then the Cabinet Office can be used to put out the increasing level of Austerity that is coming our way, just a question of when and what.

Shimmin's already been welcomed back, he's minister of the DED, so a move to Education isn't a promotion. Anyway, they can't have a teacher as Minister of Education, he might know more about the subject that the CS.

Pathetic, so no capable lawyers who would have known what they were doing and done a good job, we get farmers and postmen.Seriously what argument can now be given for keeping Legco in it`s current form? - none.Get rid of this obviously corrupt old boys club, give support to the Chris Thomas referendum and make some noise.

• Like 8

Why is Crookhall so unpopular in Peel? He's not set the world alight, but comparatively speaking if I was listing the worst members of Tynwald starting with the worst it'd be a while before his name came up.

They have certainly excelled themselves with their selection for the four posts this time around.

I actually have more admiration for Gawne, Cregeen and Quirk,their position at the next election looks equally shaky to me but at least they have not cut and run to Legco.

Probably because they couldn't get the backing of even one MHK.

So who fills the ministerial gap...

Exclude - the four newbies, speaker, and the recently quit Robertshaw.

The Lib Van two and Zac Hall are very unlikely. And Brenda seems to be winding down.

That leaves -

Thomas

Cannon

Singer

Cregeen

Quirkio

Houghton

Thomas is obviously the best man for the job but will he be welcomed into the Rainbow Coalition. That leaves Cannon as the last scrappings from the bottom of the barrel and after that it's into the subsoil and on down. You have to move dinosaur fossils to get to Houghton.

Yes I fully agree, COMIN wont let Chris Thomas in through the Door, but John Houghton would be sound but again COMIN wont let him in the Door, but I will bet that Shhimmin will be elevated, with Chris Thomas to replace Shimmin, then the Cabinet Office can be used to put out the increasing level of Austerity that is coming our way, just a question of when and what.

Shimmin's already been welcomed back, he's minister of the DED, so a move to Education isn't a promotion. Anyway, they can't have a teacher as Minister of Education, he might know more about the subject that the CS.

I doubt it very much !

W. Malarkey, Minister for............

I couldn't but notice the pictures used by iomtoday, although the stern looking Phil Braidwood one is 10 years old.

post-35260-0-14748900-1435015007_thumb.jpg

Lest we forget.

Laurence Skelly, seconding the nomination for Tim Crookall on the Legislative COuncil

I would just like to remind the members that Mr Crookall has given me a very strong assurance of working towards reform should he be elected as a member of MLC

20160622 Crookall reform.mp3

Maybe it is like the Tories so desperate to cling onto Scotland that they made all sorts of rash promises?20160622 Crookall reform.mp3

Reminds me of Watterson's nomination of Corkish. "His contributions have been few but have had gravity.."

Now they've got gravy.

• Like 3

Yes Lord Boot, and from his core vote over the last two elections, he would taking some beating, no well known name springs to mind for Glenfaba, bar John Kennaugh, god forbid, he would drive me to vote for Boot. unless I stood?

Doesn't being convicted of electoral fraud prohibit one from standing, if not it should.

I was not convicted of electoral fraud, it would be for the people to decide, had and have plenty of time to canvass!!!!!

How did you get on in Court? http://www.gov.im/lib/docs/courtservice/CourtListings/SoG.pdf

What an absolute shambles the whole process has been !

Nothing remotely democratic about jumping ship when you can see the writing on the wall regarding your chances of your electorate voting for you again is there ?

Our whole system of Governance needs urgent and drastic outside scrutiny.

• Like 6