Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
woolley

Bill Malarkey making a comeback attempt.

Atleast give Bill a chance to post his ideas, before publicly flogging him.

Why ?

Do leopards change their spots ? You of all people should be looking to learn from BM's failings, not lend support to them.

Fair enough.

Just so long as we're publicly flogging him at some point.....

As Noel Cringle once said in a radio interview - being a member of Tynwald is like being a member of the best club in the World.

And yes, I believe him.

Bill a hitherto unknown, apart from his knack at lifting white goods into the back of a van, was actually a member of that club.

He went to work in a morning suit type thing in a car with a parking place in an underground car park and had mates as close as you can get. Lunches and trips off the Island and meetings where them civil servants kowtowed to you, people recognising you in the street and an oh so easy £1000 a week - for years and..and...loads of stuff like that.

I can't blame the lad for doing everything he possibly can to get back in there.

As John has said, let's wait for Bill to tell the Island about his ideas. I can't wait.

That's right. I didn't rate him but if the man says he has fresh ideas it can't harm to have a look at them. Fair hearing and all of that.

As Noel Cringle once said in a radio interview - being a member of Tynwald is like being a member of the best club in the World.

There can be no doubt that the subs are quite favourable. I actually have to pay clubs that I am a member of. mellow.png

His past conduct and lack of principle the last time he was in office was more than enough to convince me that he is totally unsuitable for the job of a public representative.

• Like 3

his next idea will be his ( someone elses probably ) first,

Seeing as everyone simply called him Bandwagon Bill when he first stood, it seems we'll have to wait until all other candidates have posted theirs before we'll see anything from the wannabe lord of the south Doolish manir.

Why ?

Do leopards change their spots ? You of all people should be looking to learn from BM's failings, not lend support to them.

What have I to learn? How am I lending support?

I am just advocating atleast giving him a chance, but to be honest he would probably never read these posts let alone post himself.

His past conduct and lack of principle the last time he was in office was more than enough to convince me that he is totally unsuitable for the job of a public representative.

His leaving LibVan? If I was to stand for Douglas North would my leaving LibVan seven or so years ago tarnish me as well?

Edited by John

Yes.

John, our kid, looks like you're in the same camp as Malarkey and the rest of them.

I supposed you can't be accused of disloyalty because it looks like there may well have been no loyalty there in the first place. What was there instead of loyalty though....

• Like 1