Hill Street Police Raid

When Skies Are Grey

The mods do this in their spare time and if anything is reported that could compromise MF we will act so as to avoid the potential shit storm that we will have to deal with. If you do not like it, as has been said many times, start your own forum and deal with the fallout. That is not against freedom of speech but in preservation of MF.

• Like 3

The mods do this in their spare time and if anything is reported that could compromise MF we will act so as to avoid the potential shit storm that we will have to deal with. If you do not like it, as has been said many times, start your own forum and deal with the fallout. That is not against freedom of speech but in preservation of MF.

< removed >

Edited by Julian Ass-blancmange

This forum has gone down a lot in my estimation now, everyone scared to post what they really want to say and extreme censorship. "Je Suis Charlie" my arse.

The media print names on most arrests - from being found with £1.58 worth of cannabis to murder. What's so different here? Bring back Roly Drower and bring in the Freedom of Information Act! I'm aware of the names but think it's divisive and elitist that it's not general knowledge - after all it's theordinary Manx taxpayers who'll be footing the bill for the trials.

• Like 2

Some observations:-

1. This seems to be an ongoing investigation with further actions reported today.

2. The investigating authorities have chosen not to make public the names of those under investigation, yet.

3. There is a lot of gossip going the rounds, some of which may be accurate, some not. I don't know which is which.

4. FCU notices have been circulated with a confidentiality warning.

All of that makes me believe it better to err on the side of caution.

• Like 1

Ffs do you really believe that a request for assistance was made and the assister did not know about it? Do you not think this has been fully planned and co-ordinated well in advance?

Quite.

And they may have needed a Work Permit to execute the warrant if our boys weren't 'in the know'.

TBT.

no work permits needed when you own the placethumbsup.gif otherwise you can work for 3 days (or 14 at the tt) without permit