Does anyone recommend a gym or exercises for a big belly

No matter how much jogging or push ups I do, my big belly doesn't seem to go away. I only seem to have developed it in the past year. I used to be able to eat non-stop and never put weight on but now it just seems to pile onto the stomach.

Does anyone recommend either a gym or specific exercises for a big belly? Are there any gyms where they are not very busy during a certain time of day, as I don't like the thought of other people watching me exercise.

Thanks!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can throw away all the money you want on gym subscriptions and fancy diet plans.   If you want to loose weight you got to eat less & shit more.   I personally have always chosen to have a

Diet and exercise are both relevant but of the two diet is the key to weight loss. Carbs are the enemy. Sugar hits your gut, insulin is released, and this causes fat to be stored. Avoid things like or

For weight loss I'd recommend having a good look at what you're eating. The food industry uses sugar a lot because when combined with fat it completely defeats the body's hunger regulation. The simp

Posted Images

No matter how much jogging or push ups I do, my big belly doesn't seem to go away.

Push ups will work out your chest and arms, doesn't really do much for your belly but its a fantastic exercise so keep at it. Sit ups would most likely build up the muscle behind the fat probably making your gut more prominent. Jogging will help burn fat, but if you're overweight then the impact/stress on your knees isn't really worth it. You need something that keeps your heart rate up to burn fat (ie known as the 'fat burning zone') but the hardest thing of all is the required commitment.

• Like 1

Fat loss isn't from the area you're exercising, doing sit ups doesn't get rid of your belly, it will use fat from all over. Best way to rid yourself of a belly is to diet first and add some exercise for a bit of extra weight loss and toning.

Walking, cycling or swimming are good because they're low impact; you can put the hours in without as much risk of hurting yourself until your fit enough for the high impact stuff.

• Like 4

Aerobic exercise will burn fat and calories. You need to create a deficit of calories between what you eat and what you burn.

I know what you mean about gyms, some tend to be full of the beautiful peeps, NSC is quiet during the day usually, Saturday afternoons you can be the only person in there same on weekend nights

Good luck - I think its an age thing, it just seems to creep up on you

Ignore Johnny - he is a twat.

• Like 1

Unless you're fairly fit to begin with (in which case I'd consider jogging, cycling, swimming), I think walking is the best exercise. It's natural; low impact; doesn't require any outlay (you don't even need trainers or fancy footwear); stressless, and can be done anywhere at any time. You won't injure yourself or come home dripping with perspiration unless you've overdone it. It's also a good workout for the mind as you're not focussed wholly on the exercise / activity while you're doing it and you can allow your thoughts to go for a wander too, or simply just admire the view. You'll notice things and learn things along the way. You can even stop and talk to people.

Everybody's different of course but most people would benefit from a few hours walk at a moderate pace every week, perhaps building it up gradually over the months. The parish walk or rugged stuff is only for those who are fit and dedicated, and is something else all together.

It takes time, but the results will eventually come for the minimum of effort. Unless you're after rapid results why not give it a try. It can come as a bit of a pleasant surprise to discover just how easy and effortless simple exercise can be without punishing yourself or hanging out with the straining onanists, gurners, grunters and poseurs at the torture chamber gym.

Edited by Shake me up Judy
  • Like 3

Diet and exercise are both relevant but of the two diet is the key to weight loss. Carbs are the enemy. Sugar hits your gut, insulin is released, and this causes fat to be stored. Avoid things like orange juice (as much sugar as full fat coke), white rice, white bread etc. Exercise before breakfast - sets you up for the day by depleting muscle glycogen and putting your system into fat burning mode.

• Like 5