Jump to content
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
gerrydandridge

Flat Earth?

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Neil Down said:

corrected for accuracy

It was just graffiti to feed your fetish nelly. Without science you are the troll here remember walter x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, dilligaf said:

A starting point may be simply night and day.

Do you think felix red bull saw the curve dilly?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Neil Down said:

corrected for accuracy

Same question for you nelly. Is the curve visible from the red bull jump?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, paul's got wright said:

It is indeed the answer to the question you asked britten!

You just dont understand it. You are a ball hugger by definition. Why would there be a flat earth community in 2019? Think about it x

For the same reason there are space deniers, anti-vaxxers, 5G panicers, holocaust deniers and "birthers", you fill a unexplained hole in your life by convincing yourself that there is a global conspiracy to prevent you knowing the truth and you are convinced that you can see the real truth, when in actually fact you are so far down the Dunning-Kruger hole, you don't even realise you are there.

We live in the post-truth age, where any idiot with a You-tube account can convince other easily swayed idiots that only they know the truth about vaccines or that there is no space but a firmament instead or "insert refutable by anyone with eyes and a basic grasp of science and mathematics" fantasy conspiracy.

I will reduce my original question to a simple multiple choice seeing as the original was too difficult:

Are you, the online persona presenting as "paul's got wright", identify as:

A) A flat earther

B) A glober

C) One of the other non-normal design types (inside a globe, the universe is an egg, etc)

I fully expect a non-answer with some pseudo-bollocks, so not exactly holding my breath.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

For the same reason there are space deniers, anti-vaxxers, 5G panicers, holocaust deniers and "birthers", you fill a unexplained hole in your life by convincing yourself that there is a global conspiracy to prevent you knowing the truth and you are convinced that you can see the real truth, when in actually fact you are so far down the Dunning-Kruger hole, you don't even realise you are there.

We live in the post-truth age, where any idiot with a You-tube account can convince other easily swayed idiots that only they know the truth about vaccines or that there is no space but a firmament instead or "insert refutable by anyone with eyes and a basic grasp of science and mathematics" fantasy conspiracy.

I will reduce my original question to a simple multiple choice seeing as the original was too difficult:

Are you, the online persona presenting as "paul's got wright", identify as:

A) A flat earther

B) A glober

C) One of the other non-normal design types (inside a globe, the universe is an egg, etc)

I fully expect a non-answer with some pseudo-bollocks, so not exactly holding my breath.

Obviously you didnt really think about it then. I told you what i am but you just dont understand the answer, or its obvious implications! 

What scientific experimet are you hanging your hat on britten?  Do you seriously believe that there is a scientific experiment which shows that the earth is spinning or spherical?

Please feel free to provide it here x

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, paul's got wright said:

Obviously you didnt really think about it then. I told you what i am but you just dont understand the answer, or its obvious implications! 

What scientific experimet are you hanging your hat on britten?  Do you seriously believe that there is a scientific experiment which shows that the earth is spinning or spherical?

Please feel free to provide it here x

15 degrees per hour.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wouldn't stand up in court. Maybe you should try cuttin ye teeth in the live debate first.

Get some practice in, join the panel see how you get on x

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, paul's got wright said:

Wouldn't stand up in court.

But 111 km per degree would +/- a couple of hundred metres  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only experimental evidence could suffice and it needs to be presented formally, not a one liner ffs!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Britten can you present the evidence coherently or are you just parroting the ball myths as your proof?

Edited by paul's got wright

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, paul's got wright said:

Britten can you present the evidence coherently or are you just parroting the ball myths as your proof?

"Britten"?

Why I will let a world famous Flat Earth believer do all the work for me...

"One of the more jaw-dropping segments of the documentary comes when Bob Knodel, one of the hosts on a popular Flat Earth YouTube channel, walks viewers through an experiment involving a laser gyroscope. As the Earth rotates, the gyroscope appears to lean off-axis, staying in its original position as the Earth's curvature changes in relation. "What we found is, is when we turned on that gyroscope we found that we were picking up a drift. A 15 degree per hour drift," Knodel says, acknowledging that the gyroscope's behavior confirmed to exactly what you'd expect from a gyroscope on a rotating globe.

"Now, obviously we were taken aback by that. 'Wow, that's kind of a problem,'" Knodel says. "We obviously were not willing to accept that, and so we started looking for ways to disprove it was actually registering the motion of the Earth."

Despite further experimental refinements, Knodel's gyroscope consistently behaves as if the Earth is round. Yet Knodel's beliefs seem unchanged when discussing the experiment at a Flat Earth meetup in Denver. "We don't want to blow this, you know? When you've got $20,000 in this freaking gyro. If we dumped what we found right now, it would be bad. It would be bad. What I just told you was confidential," Knodel says to another Flat Earther in attendance."

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly don't believe people really think this flat earth thing is real. From watching the netflix documentary, you can see that Mark Sargent didn't really believe it either, but he's created a form of celebrity for himself which he obviously enjoys.  I just don't see the average intelligence person believing the earth is flat.  You would quite literally need to be stupid.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RIchard Britten said:

"Britten"?

Why I will let a world famous Flat Earth believer do all the work for me...

"One of the more jaw-dropping segments of the documentary comes when Bob Knodel, one of the hosts on a popular Flat Earth YouTube channel, walks viewers through an experiment involving a laser gyroscope. As the Earth rotates, the gyroscope appears to lean off-axis, staying in its original position as the Earth's curvature changes in relation. "What we found is, is when we turned on that gyroscope we found that we were picking up a drift. A 15 degree per hour drift," Knodel says, acknowledging that the gyroscope's behavior confirmed to exactly what you'd expect from a gyroscope on a rotating globe.

"Now, obviously we were taken aback by that. 'Wow, that's kind of a problem,'" Knodel says. "We obviously were not willing to accept that, and so we started looking for ways to disprove it was actually registering the motion of the Earth."

Despite further experimental refinements, Knodel's gyroscope consistently behaves as if the Earth is round. Yet Knodel's beliefs seem unchanged when discussing the experiment at a Flat Earth meetup in Denver. "We don't want to blow this, you know? When you've got $20,000 in this freaking gyro. If we dumped what we found right now, it would be bad. It would be bad. What I just told you was confidential," Knodel says to another Flat Earther in attendance."

So will i then

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, somewhatdamaged said:

I honestly don't believe people really think this flat earth thing is real. From watching the netflix documentary, you can see that Mark Sargent didn't really believe it either, but he's created a form of celebrity for himself which he obviously enjoys.  I just don't see the average intelligence person believing the earth is flat.  You would quite literally need to be stupid.

Its called cognitive dissonance, its easy to get past though. Do a bit of research instead of netflix mockumentaries x

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...