Jump to content

Flat Earth?


gerrydandridge
 Share

Recommended Posts

 

9 hours ago, 1Enoch said:

Still waiting for China's PROOF of globe earth!

its-been-84-years-13865743.png

Gawd what is it with you lot and proof.  Science can disprove, but it is inherent in empiricism that you cannot prove - the farmer feeds the turkeys every morning until he breaks their neck.

Your data can fit a curve, but as you extend the data the curve may no longer fit.  All science is provisional.  A scientific fact is only something confirmed to such a degree that it would be perverse to withhold provisional assent and there is no such thing as proof in science, proof only exists in maths.

How many times!

It is pointless me providing evidence - most flat earthers are totally immune to it.  You can post pictures of ships going over the horizon, wind turbines fully mast down, explain how an equatorial mount telescope works, or a sextant, explain how surveyors from Eratosthenes, to Cassini, to Everest have patiently over multiple centuries of effort refined our understanding of a degree of latitude and produced ever more detailed measurements of how much movement it takes to move 1 degree of latitude - 111 km and a bit, where the bit explains the oblate spheroid.  All just ignored.  You explain to them how these results are impossible on a flat earth while totally consistent with a globe, but they don't care, consistency isn't something they aim for.

No one can create a conspiracy about it being 111 km and a bit to move 1 degree of latitude North or South - anyone can measure it.  Anyone with a basic understanding would realise how the fact this measurement is constant no matter what your latitude is (apart from small and known refraction effects when the star you are measuring is within a couple of degrees of the horizon) means the world cannot be flat - no matter what distance the stars are from the earth.

I cannot provide any "proof" - but I can and have (and probably will, to groans from the peanut gallery) tried to explain how people can measure these things for themselves - one of the most wonderful feeling in the world is starting with a sextant, a star and some simple sums and ending up with your lat. and long; or setting up a telescope, twisting it to such a bearing, such an altitude and there is a star.  Again the adjustments to centre your star only make sense on a globe, if the world was flat you would use a totally different set of corrections - something like (111km x the tan(latitude)), but to be frank I'm too tired to work out the maths, and my neighbour's cat is more likely to find it helpful in understanding the shape of the world than PGW/1Enoch.

It's easy to do these things. I've done them in the UK, in the Med, in South Africa.  The fools who insist it is all a huge conspiracy - and why again? - could do them too, but would rather cling to their foolishness than learn.

Only fools cling to the idea the world is flat once they have set up a telescope in 3 different locations on this Earth.

Edited by Chinahand
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/27/2019 at 11:02 PM, Chinahand said:

Two nice time lapses showing the different star paths between the north and south hemisphere:

 

Good stuff China. Only possible on square earth, and at the same time destroys the AE circle pizza map!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, 1Enoch said:

Good stuff China. Only possible on square earth, and at the same time destroys the AE circle pizza map!

Observations:

1. The videos posted by China hand - Both fascinating  and  really quite beautiful.

2.The comments by  Enoch I - square earth? ,AE  circle ? pizza?  map?

I will not even begin to try  and compete with  the  impressive academic qualifications boasted by  some posters on here, so I ask  for sympathetic  allowance before asking:

Enoch 1- please give me/us a clue  -what do these  cryptic  references mean? 

-What are you talking about ?

 

Edited by hampsterkahn
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, hampsterkahn said:

Observations:

1. The videos posted by China hand - Both fascinating  and  really quite beautiful.

2.The comments by  Enoch I - square earth? ,AE  circle ? pizza?  map?

I will not even begin to try  and compete with  the  impressive academic qualifications boasted by  some posters on here, so I ask  for sympathetic  allowance before asking:

Enoch 1- please give me/us a clue  -what do these  cryptic  references mean? 

-What are you talking about ?

 

This equation explains it: P+G=W

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/29/2019 at 10:09 PM, Chinahand said:

 

Gawd what is it with you lot and proof.  Science can disprove, but it is inherent in empiricism that you cannot prove - the farmer feeds the turkeys every morning until he breaks their neck.

Your data can fit a curve, but as you extend the data the curve may no longer fit.  All science is provisional.  A scientific fact is only something confirmed to such a degree that it would be perverse to withhold provisional assent and there is no such thing as proof in science, proof only exists in maths.

How many times!

It is pointless me providing evidence - most flat earthers are totally immune to it.  You can post pictures of ships going over the horizon, wind turbines fully mast down, explain how an equatorial mount telescope works, or a sextant, explain how surveyors from Eratosthenes, to Cassini, to Everest have patiently over multiple centuries of effort refined our understanding of a degree of latitude and produced ever more detailed measurements of how much movement it takes to move 1 degree of latitude - 111 km and a bit, where the bit explains the oblate spheroid.  All just ignored.  You explain to them how these results are impossible on a flat earth while totally consistent with a globe, but they don't care, consistency isn't something they aim for.

No one can create a conspiracy about it being 111 km and a bit to move 1 degree of latitude North or South - anyone can measure it.  Anyone with a basic understanding would realise how the fact this measurement is constant no matter what your latitude is (apart from small and known refraction effects when the star you are measuring is within a couple of degrees of the horizon) means the world cannot be flat - no matter what distance the stars are from the earth.

I cannot provide any "proof" - but I can and have (and probably will, to groans from the peanut gallery) tried to explain how people can measure these things for themselves - one of the most wonderful feeling in the world is starting with a sextant, a star and some simple sums and ending up with your lat. and long; or setting up a telescope, twisting it to such a bearing, such an altitude and there is a star.  Again the adjustments to centre your star only make sense on a globe, if the world was flat you would use a totally different set of corrections - something like (111km x the tan(latitude)), but to be frank I'm too tired to work out the maths, and my neighbour's cat is more likely to find it helpful in understanding the shape of the world than PGW/1Enoch.

It's easy to do these things. I've done them in the UK, in the Med, in South Africa.  The fools who insist it is all a huge conspiracy - and why again? - could do them too, but would rather cling to their foolishness than learn.

Only fools cling to the idea the world is flat once they have set up a telescope in 3 different locations on this Earth.

The book of the courses of the heavinly luminaries. Chapters 72 China,  If earth were a globe then this cosmology should not exist.  

"And I saw 6 portals in which the sun rises, and six portals in which the sun sets" in the meme below is an example of Enochs gates/tracks. (A child could do this simple observation which destroys globe and Azimuthal equidistant map! 

The only way this cosmology can be wrong is if the suns moons and stars are liars. . 

P.s you might need a pencil and paper for this one china. .

This book is ELectrifying! 

 

81Qoo0i0r0L.jpg

56525018_274619703489428_5505345545947840512_n.jpg

Edited by 1Enoch
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, 1Enoch said:

The book of the courses of the heavinly luminaries. Chapters 72 China,  If earth were a globe then this cosmology should not exist.  

"And I saw 6 portals in which the sun rises, and six portals in which the sun sets" in the meme below is an example of Enochs gates/tracks. (A child could do this simple observation which destroys globe and Azimuthal equidistant map! 

The only way this cosmology can be wrong is if the suns moons and stars are liars. . 

P.s you might need a pencil and paper for this one china. .

 

81Qoo0i0r0L.jpg

56525018_274619703489428_5505345545947840512_n.jpg

 

49368816_10156905537018050_9022301695488557056_n.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Chinahand said:

Well that’s convinced me. 

Anyone else persuaded?

Yes, absolutely  - the most persuasive elements being the way they avoid mixing vivid colours with multiple fonts, and the restrained and considered layout of each image. Those, together with the reliable spelling and punctuation.

Edited by Uhtred
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

Yes, absolutely  - the most persuasive elements being the way they avoid mixing vivid colours with multiple fonts, and the restrained and considered layout of each image. Those, together with the reliable spelling and punctuation.

And using holograms as a way of explaining things.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Chinahand said:

 

Careful

I see that article references Black Hole Thermodynamics. They never recovered from the mauling the critics gave their third album.

Edited by Uhtred
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...