Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
UniSol

Login over HTTPS

Screen Shot 2015-03-28 at 21.51.51.png

I've forced the login dialog over HTTPS - this means your credentials will be encrypted between your computer and the website during login.

Regular browsing and posting remains non-secure due to the fact users will be linking to external content.

If you haven't changed your password in a while, this is a friendly reminder.

Cheers

What's the reason for the change? have user details been compromised? or is it just to make it harder to compromise details in future?

Whilst I was beavering away with infrastructure improvements post-Feb-outage, I thought I might as well add some peace of mind for those security consciences out there.

I can add optional two factor authentication with Google Authenticator if there are enough people out there who would like it use it. As with SSL there is a annual cost to the plugin.

Do you have to put your current password in to change it?

There is a problem with me doing that. The email address I used to sign up is no longer valid. What do I do?

The email address I used to sign up is no longer valid. What do I do?

Change to a valid email address in your settings?

There is a problem with me doing that. The email address I used to sign up is no longer valid. What do I do?

You need the current password to change your email address so you seem to be caught in a loop.

If you want to PM me your updated email address I can manually edit it for you so you can do a password recovery.

If you're using Chrome you can view saved passwords btw, just look in Settings>Advanced and you can reveal them. Dunno about IE/FF/Saf.

If you're using Chrome you can view saved passwords btw, just look in Settings>Advanced and you can reveal them. Dunno about IE/FF/Saf.

Oh Jeez! I didn't know about that. You don't even need to retype your password to see all the sites you saved the passwords on.

Mine's like a smutty history of beards and technology.

• Like 1

Pretty sure windows should prompt you to re enter the desktop password to show any saved passwords but still, it's a really good example of why you shouldn't let people on your machine.

Any way with the new set-up that I can log in again via TOR?

TOR has been having a few problems from the black hat hacking group 'Lizard Squad' who were using malicious relays.

Not sure if the issues have been resolved but they were alleged to have been the cause of disrupting Comcast, Charter and other cable companies for the Pacquiao/Mayweather fight

Edited by manxy

Sign in to follow this