Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
commish

Douglas Council Car Parks

http://www.manxradio.com/newsread.aspx?id=75982

According to Manx Radio, the Council is proposing to increase the charges for parking in the Drumgold Street and Chester Street car parks by 20%. Talk about trying to rip off the public.....!

But I am confused. I thought that these car parks were operated by the Government, not the Council. According to the Council website, they operate three car parks - Shaw's Brow, the Bottleneck and Pulrose Road. What's going on?

M&S already went up last week.

Which is the Drummond Street car park if it is not the one over M&S?

http://www.manxradio.com/newsread.aspx?id=75982

According to Manx Radio, the Council is proposing to increase the charges for parking in the Drumgold Street and Chester Street car parks by 20%. Talk about trying to rip off the public.....!

But I am confused. I thought that these car parks were operated by the Government, not the Council. According to the Council website, they operate three car parks - Shaw's Brow, the Bottleneck and Pulrose Road. What's going on?

M&S already went up last week.

Which is the Drummond Street car park if it is not the one over M&S?

Drumgold Street.

Tesco deliver and have free parking. Shoprite free parking everything else on ebay or amazon, i dont see the problem. What they increase on parking they lose on vat. I havent been to douglas since november and cant see any reason to visit there in the near future.

Do you hire yourself out to liven up parties and that.ohmy.png

• Like 1

Tesco deliver and have free parking. Shoprite free parking everything else on ebay or amazon, i dont see the problem. What they increase on parking they lose on vat. I havent been to douglas since november and cant see any reason to visit there in the near future.

Do you hire yourself out to liven up parties and that.:o

He's right though, driving people away is a very misguided way to attempt to increase revenues.

• Like 1

He's right though, driving people away is a very misguided way to attempt to increase revenues.

I have travelled a fair bit and have never found a car park cheaper than here.

Park your car for 2 hours for the price of a cup of coffee. What is the problem?

Park your car for 2 hours for the price of a cup of coffee. What is the problem?

I agree, however lots of people the IOM consider parking in Douglas to be a "nightmare" and avoid going to town if they have to pay. Surely the Corpy should be trying to attract people to town so that businesses can keep paying them extortionate rates? One way is to make parking stupidly cheap or free.

I have never paid to park in Douglas and never will.

I agree, however lots of people the IOM consider parking in Douglas to be a "nightmare" and avoid going to town if they have to pay. Surely the Corpy should be trying to attract people to town so that businesses can keep paying them extortionate rates? One way is to make parking stupidly cheap or free.

Are these same people going to spend loads to prop up the businesses you mention ? NO

(edit: formatting screwed up)

CHESTER STREET CAR PARK (Monday to Friday)
Time Price Up to one hour £1.80
Up to two hours £2.40
Up to three hours £3.50
Up to four hours £3.60
Up to five hours £4.00
Up to six hours £4.00
Up to ten hours £5.00
After 3pm Free
Edited by Tempus Fugit

(edit: formatting screwed up)

CHESTER STREET CAR PARK (Monday to Friday)

Time Price Up to one hour £1.80

Up to two hours £2.40

Up to three hours £3.50

Up to four hours £3.60

Up to five hours £4.00

Up to six hours £4.00

Up to ten hours £5.00

After 3pm Free

Not free after 3pm on a Saturday, it still costs you £2.00 no matter how long you stay.