Feedback sought on proposed update of highways legislation

malebrain

http://www.gov.im/news/2015/apr/10/feedback-sought-on-proposed-update-of-highways-legislation/

How about:

• Ensuring all roads are serviceable
  • Not closing entire stretches to fix a small part
  • A fairer tax system instead of £75 for a 400cc bike, and £15 for an ancient 4wd land rover
  • No more mini roundabouts

I could go on.

• Like 1

http://www.gov.im/news/2015/apr/10/feedback-sought-on-proposed-update-of-highways-legislation/

How about:

• A fairer tax system instead of £75 for a 400cc bike, and £15 for an ancient 4wd land rover

I could go on.

Roads will inevitably be unserviceable from time to time.

Health and safety requires putting the safety of road workers above everything else.

Given the limited tax take on the Island £75 for a 400 cc bike seems to me to be entirely reasonable, and £15 for an ancient Land Rover far too little.

Mini-roundabouts enforce discipline with the minimum of interruptions and delay.

Much better would be to no longer define the Green Lanes as roads and introduce a national speed limit of no more than 50 mph.

• Like 1

I'd rather they changed the vehicle licensing to be a tax on fuel pumps so heavy users of the road pay more than occasional users rather than the size of the vehicle dictating how much you pay. I don't use my car much at all, I don't see why I should pay the same as someone who's causing wear and tear on the infrastructure constantly.

Would also have the side benefit of making electric cars essentially free which would encourage their use which has environmental benefits.

• Like 5

How about:

I could go on.

Health and safety requires putting the safety of road workers above everything else.

Given the limited tax take on the Island £75 for a 400 cc bike seems to me to be entirely reasonable, and £15 for an ancient Land Rover far too little.

Mini-roundabouts enforce discipline with the minimum of interruptions and delay.

Much better would be to no longer define the Green Lanes as roads and introduce a national speed limit of no more than 50 mph.

I've just got to say that in the years I have been a member of Manx Forums, amidst stiff competition, you are the biggest idiot I have ever witnessed posting. Your posts are invariably narrow minded bullshit & how & why you find the time to make them whilst now living in the utopia that is the UK is a mystery to me.

• Like 2

How about:

I could go on.

I've just got to say that in the years I have been a member of Manx Forums, amidst stiff competition, you are the biggest idiot I have ever witnessed posting. Your posts are invariably narrow minded bullshit & how & why you find the time to make them whilst now living in the utopia that is the UK is a mystery to me.

Peer recognition is so much more appreciated than any other!

Quite a nice day over here if a little chill. Just sitting under the veranda at the back of the house watching the first butterflies dancing amongst the ornamental cherry flowers, lap top on lap!

• Like 1

I'd rather they changed the vehicle licensing to be a tax on fuel pumps so heavy users of the road pay more than occasional users rather than the size of the vehicle dictating how much you pay. I don't use my car much at all, I don't see why I should pay the same as someone who's causing wear and tear on the infrastructure constantly.

FFS, don't get into this argument with Slim........

I like the bit about building round houses, so people can see round them.

Wait for it to become retrospective legislation so all buildings have to have round edges.

What next, all vegetation within 150 foot on a road to be removed an replaced with granite slabs?

As the rest of spooks post was pretty much stating the obvious I take it his ' narrow mindedness' refers to the idea of an all island speed limit. Gosh no, now we wouldn't want that now would we. Far better for people to drive like cunts and kill the occasional poor bastard.

How about:

I could go on.

I think it would be entirely reasonable to tax vehicles owned by ex pats in Norfolk a flat rate of £1,000 pa , if they own a jaguar £2,000whatever.gif

• Like 1