Dodgy Sky boxes

trmpton

To save over £800 a year 5 mins of "dicking around" is worth it to some thumbsup.gif

Yep. Thieving plebs.

It's really little different from any other sort of theft (yes I know that pedants will argue that copyright violation is not technically theft - based on a US ruling). But the fact remains that in reality it is little different from stealing cider from the Spar.

Edited by pongo
  • Like 2

I wouldn't either. Mostly because I support content creation which is an import part of the economy - and also because I like neat seamless solutions which don't involve dicking around.

I would prefer to either pay for a thing or do without. The same as when I go to the shops. The take-what-you-want culture really pisses me off.

To save over £800 a year 5 mins of "dicking around" is worth it to some thumbsup.gif

But if we all did it, there would t be anything for the freeloaders to watch.

It's like none of us paying tax then complains there isn't a hospital or schools.

My issue with the Facebook stuff is people recommending the boxes and not making it clear to people that if they buy one it's actually illegal and tree is FA support. People are suggesting them as an alternative to freesat

• Like 2

Yeah but there will always be people who pay so the freeloaders will be fine.

Im sure people on Facebook buying these boxes know what they are buying, you would have to be pretty stupid to think it's legal, don't think it needs pointing out.

What group is it by the way? A local one?

That's the spirit!

Jesus, good job some of us are decent.

I fancy a Ferrari. Can't afford one but I know where one is parked each night so I might just go and help myself.

• Like 2

That's the spirit!

I fancy a Ferrari. Can't afford one but I know where one is parked each night so I might just go and help myself.

you are confusing piracy with theft with that analogy

piracy-not-theft-460x328.jpg

• Like 1

As long as you set them up yourself there is no chance of the service being pulled just find a reliable server to card share from thumbsup.gif Plenty of forums and sites openly discuss how to set up dreamboxes and sell sky to use on these boxes, not sure how a facebook gruop is any different.

There's every chance the server will be pulled; they're doing something that isn't legal. You'll most probably have to faff around finding new servers.

For £10 a year for a full sky sub, who wouldn't?

People who don't want to steal. Is that so hard to believe?

The EPG is crappy on them too, the humax stuff is far better and you don't have to rob it.

• Like 3

It may be defined as theft, or copyright infringement, or fraud. Does it matter? It's still not legal and you are depriving someone of income.

I also wouldn't be daft enough to be polling a server with my ip letting my isp and the server owner know that I'm on the rob.

• Like 2

That's the spirit!

I beg to differ.

Sky pay money for the rights to broadcast live sport. The cost is met by normal non scummy people who pay their subscription so that the broadcaster can produce and broadcast the event.

People who watch it illegally aren't making a copy, (which would still be illegal and immorral) they are stealing access to the broadcast by bypassing the encryption that has been put in place to prevent robbing gits getting access without paying.

If you haven't paid for access to that live broadcast, and contributed towards making it possible, then it isn't your and watching it is stealing from those of us who have

• Like 1

It may be defined as theft, or copyright infringement, or fraud. Does it matter? It's still not legal and you are depriving someone of income.

I also wouldn't be daft enough to be polling a server with my ip letting my isp and the server owner know that I'm on the rob.

Why would the server owner care that you are "on the rob" when you pay them?? And how exactly does an isp know?

That's the spirit!

I beg to differ.

Sky pay money for the rights to broadcast live sport. The cost is met by normal non scummy people who pay their subscription so that the broadcaster can produce and broadcast the event.

People who watch it illegally aren't making a copy, (which would still be illegal and immorral) they are stealing access to the broadcast by bypassing the encryption that has been put in place to prevent robbing gits getting access without paying.

If you haven't paid for access to that live broadcast, and contributed towards making it possible, then it isn't your and watching it is stealing from those of us who have

You compared stealing a ferraii to a satellite signal..i beg to differ too...

local one?

Just like society really.

These lovely people who buy these illegal boxes and cards etc. are also stealing from their family, friends and workmates too.

We pay £100 per month for what we get (3 boxes) and it pisses me off no end to hear how "clever) these t**** think they are buying a box for £50 then paying £10 per year.

The sooner it is all stopped the better.mad.gif

Edited to add that we have been informed that our monthly sub. will rise by another £5 next month too.

Edited by dilligaf

Stealing is stealing, and decent people don't care what it is, the fact is if they are decent people who don't sponge off others they won't steal full stop.

Who determines what is ok to rob and what isn't? Is a can of coke ok? What about a bottle of whiskey? Watch? Diamond ring? Where do thriving scum see the difference between something that is ok and something that isn't?

You clearly think it sits somewhere between satellite signal and Ferrari, so where is you moral cut off point?

• Like 1

Why would the server owner care that you are "on the rob" when you pay them?? And how exactly does an isp know?

The owner might not, but people have found themselves in hot water when authorities have confiscated the server and retrieved payment histories or logs.

The ISP would know what server your hitting.

They're both illegal.

• Like 1