Amy's in the race!

FACT

Amadeus, it is possible to combine a business life with the requirements of Tynwald. Peake, eg., could continue as director (managing ?) of Lights of Mann or whatever, the only downside being that he may have to appoint a manager,if not already employed, which would eat into the profits, a weekly management meeting or indeed a few hours a day would not be impossible.

In his defense, I would imagine that the financial rewards were far from his mind, as for yourself, in the decision to stand? Politics Dear Boy!

I would really like to help Amy, I would scrub the fake tan off, re-shape those eyebrows, teach her some dress sense, probably have to cut her clothing allowance to do so!

She is hardly the only Chav on the outlying estates but it is hard to take such a person seriously.

Is that unkind? I don't mean it to be so, the latter statement above is the crux.

An advisor? What good to present a grammatically correct and well constructed document and then to turn up on the doorstep with a mouthful of text and twitter speak? She is what she is! I blame the teachers!

Ironically, as she could never have an important Dept. role, she probably, if not complacent, could have been a very good constituency MHK., possibly taking over Cretneys role of DCorp scutiniser and doing her best for the people of SDlas.

Good luck to her in her private life, may it remain so.

You mean scrubbing the fake tan off like this?

outback is more............

post-34863-0-13419000-1432341769_thumb.jpg

Amy had everything going for her, I think a few comments early on had her cards marked, social media has its upsides if you post the right things, but you've got to remember to keep things professional rather than personal. I laugh at the comments she's young, she is 32 and I'm sure many people aged between 16-40 would like someone their age to represent them. I believe that is the age group in which most of her votes probably came from, which 273 is respectable when you think most people between 16-40 generally don't care much for politics.

What was the reason Amy didn't get in?

I personally think she didn't drawn the line between her personal life and professional side quite enough, you can't just say what you think and hope to get away with it. She had her posters defaced and ripped down and her reply? "nobody takes notice of posters anyway" yes they do, even if its sub consciously it still gets your face out there and recognised.

Gladys, I do not agree with any of Amy's causes either. I hate preschool and don't give a sh*% about the toilet tax. She goes to Tywald which is politician like behaviour, fair enough, we do not like her ideas but 270 odd people did (lol, odd people)

GsvB4e9.png

I don't know who to feel sorry for the most, the bint in the middle or the cock on the left, it must be a who can drag who the lowest comp, but she is quite ornamental in a knock one out sort of way.

Edited by WTF

I think she's shot her bolt when it comes to a political career, and based on my perception of Burns - I certainly hope so.

She's grown on me. I can see a future for the young lady in Manx politics. She's young, yes! And a tad naive, but weren't we all at some point! She can learn from this experience, and hone her political skills in preparation for future campaigns. Watch that space! cool.png

On Manx Radio she said she would not be standing again.

Lets hope she sticks to that promise

Quote from Roxanne on page 1 of this thread:

"Is this the lady who announced on Facebook she was standing and then announced she wasn't and is now announcing that she's standing again?"

Yes - the very same "lady".

I hope amy doesn't stand again. i found the whole thing quite exhausting to be honest.. Im just gonna take a break from politics, see someone elses wife and kids, maybe a short walking holiday somewhere, recharge the batteries so to speak, in the hope of returning fully refreshed to give my full backing to the opressed and bullied everywhere

• Like 1

Amy had everything going for her, I think a few comments early on had her cards marked, social media has its upsides if you post the right things, but you've got to remember to keep things professional rather than personal. I laugh at the comments she's young, she is 32 and I'm sure many people aged between 16-40 would like someone their age to represent them. I believe that is the age group in which most of her votes probably came from, which 273 is respectable when you think most people between 16-40 generally don't care much for politics.

What was the reason Amy didn't get in?

I personally think she didn't drawn the line between her personal life and professional side quite enough, you can't just say what you think and hope to get away with it. She had her posters defaced and ripped down and her reply? "nobody takes notice of posters anyway" yes they do, even if its sub consciously it still gets your face out there and recognised.

Well I think that the reason that Burns wasn't elected was that people saw her for what she is, unsuited to any political role now or in the future.