The ugly side of Manx Politics - Rob Callister

Callister's rant quoted in the first post, is a typical bit of vaguebooking.

If something serious has happened, explain what it is, don't just hint at dark deeds.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Any manifesto is a singularly large waste of time without party politics and others signed up to the same aims and objectives.

That is incorrect. I, like many others, voted for him and would vote for him again. He is the best commissioner Onchan has ever had and I hope he will continue to serve the people of Onchan and the Is

yesterday ...but you dont hear me banging on about it

Posted Images

I have liked all of what Rob has posted on here and I think he serves the public that elected him well, in fact they are a rare breed in manx politics.

Er...didn't he get in unopposed? No one actually voted for him?

That is incorrect. I, like many others, voted for him and would vote for him again. He is the best commissioner Onchan has ever had and I hope he will continue to serve the people of Onchan and the Isle of Man by one day being an MHK. We need more decent people like him in politics.

Edited by Isaac
  • Like 5

I have liked all of what Rob has posted on here and I think he serves the public that elected him well, in fact they are a rare breed in manx politics.

That is incorrect. I, like many others, voted for him and would vote for him again. He is the best commissioner Onchan has ever had and I hope he will continue to serve the people of Onchan and the Isle of Man by one day being an MHK. We need more decent people like him in politics.

I think Albert's point was that whether you voted for him or not he would have got in as he was the only candidate.

Edited by oldmanxfella

Hear Hear

I think Albert's point was that whether you voted for him or not he would have got in as he was the only candidate.

That's not how I remember it. I remember there being three or four candidates. But is this really relevant? The point is, Rob has proven himself as a very good elected representative. That is a fact.

• Like 2

That's not how I remember it. I remember there being three or four candidates. But is this really relevant? The point is, Rob has proven himself as a very good elected representative. That is a fact.

In the 2011 By-Election there were five Candidates looking to fill two seats.

I finished third with 384 votes, which gave me the confidence to come forward again in April 2012.

Unfortunately, only seven people came forward in April that year and we were all elected unopposed.

Edited by Rob Callister

I wasn't actually knocking you for it Rob...just saying what happened.

My mum likes you by the way...and said she'd vote for you. Praise indeed.

I know and thank you.

I really hope there is a local election in Onchan next year, we really need it.

Edited by Rob Callister

Rob,these last few posts about Councillors being elected unopposed has reminded me of a question I would like answering.

Does an unopposed Councillor still produce a manifesto which their constituents can hold them to account by?

ETA: and where can local Councillors manifestos be viewed online?

Edited by Lisenchuk

I like Rob,I've known him for a few years . He probably would make a good politician, he takes his roles quite seriously. As the one and only date we went on, he answered his phone all the way through the meal...

Are phone's allowed in Port Jack chippy then...?

• Like 2

I like Rob,I've known him for a few years . He probably would make a good politician, he takes his roles quite seriously. As the one and only date we went on, he answered his phone all the way through the meal...

Are phone's allowed in Port Jack chippy then...?

Lol, it was a little more upmarket than that! He does have some standards, although for the life of me I've no idea what the place was called.