The last paragraph in the original post is proof that spook was not born on the Island. No self respecting manxman/ woman would refer to the UK as the mainland.

Edited by mad_manx
  • Like 1
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bloody immigrants, coming over here, making me install dashcams to video their driving.

Quick edit of 2nd para. required - too obvious.

Posted Images

The last paragraph in the original post is proof that spook was not born on the Island. No self respecting manxman/ woman would refer to the UK as the mainland.

I know plenty who do. Maybe they're not self-respecting.

• Like 1

Even though there's no exclusivity on being a bigot, I'm becoming more and more convinced Spook is Rog.

It just read as an observation about foreigners' driving habits to me. Is it not possible to comment on that subject without being a bigot? Anyone who drives in the UK and does not notice the goings on is being willfully blind, possibly due to political correctness.

Even though there's no exclusivity on being a bigot, I'm becoming more and more convinced Spook is Rog.

Its possible, although if he was theres no way he could ever admit it as Rog was supposedly at deaths door a couple of years ago.

People don't take kindly to being lied to about terminal illness.

Ask him where he stands on Israel. If he starts frothing at the keyboard, it probably is him.

Edited by TheScope
  • 2 weeks later...

I've just got one from fLeaBay ( Item no. 251882952624 ) for £12.90 with free delivery.

I managed to fit it myself by sticking the suction pad on the screen and plugging it into the cigarette lighter.

Ah, I've just seen which one you bought. I did a teardown of it on Youtube. If you notice yours has very dim night video it may actually have an infrared filter fitted on the inside of the lens. This makes for nicely coloured daylight video, but terrible night video. If you remove the filter you get lurid daytime video and brighter night video.

Mine had blue "night vision" LEDs which was quite pointless.

Here's a link to my video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6iFAZGOYRc

Edited by Bigclive

I've just bought an "E-Prance 1080P dash cam" for about £32 from Amazon.

Results so far seem quite favourable. I messed around for months looking at all the reviews, weighing up each models pros and cons and then just thought, sod it, buy a cheap one and try it.

It took me a few minutes to attach the sucker mount next to my rear view mirror and push the supplied power cable under the trim around the windscreen to one of my cars power sockets.

Cheap and simple.

I've just got one from fLeaBay ( Item no. 251882952624 ) for £12.90 with free delivery.

I managed to fit it myself by sticking the suction pad on the screen and plugging it into the cigarette lighter.

Ah, I've just seen which one you bought. I did a teardown of it on Youtube. If you notice yours has very dim night video it may actually have an infrared filter fitted on the inside of the lens. This makes for nicely coloured daylight video, but terrible night video. If you remove the filter you get lurid daytime video and brighter night video.

Oh, you have a new number one fan :) Really ace messing around with stuff.

Bigclive, on 12 May 2015 - 12:45 AM, said:

illegitimi non carborundum, on 30 Apr 2015 - 12:08 AM, said:

Very good video , Clive.

Do you know if I can download content directly from the camera to my laptop without removing the memory card ?

My laptop recognises the camera but will not transfer the content.

If I tried doing what you did to the camera all I would be left with is a small bag of broken plastic.whatever.gif

I usually just take the SD card out and leave the camera in the car/van. I'm not sure if they show up as another drive when plugged into the USB port? There may be a camera menu item that determines that. But in my case I just use the USB port as the power jack.

As most folks own smartphones what's the point of spending any more than a fiver or so on a cheapo dash mount? There are a number of freebie apps that you can use for this purpose.

My phone "does" loads of things. Very rarely as well as a dedicated device, and usually with a load more faffing about than with a dedicated device.

Rip-off. A GoPro would do, and be more versatile.

A GoPro could be used as a dash-cam but lacks some features that make it suitable for that purpose. The main one being auto-start where it starts recording as soon as it's powered from the cigarette lighter socket or other controlled 12V supply, and saves and shuts down when that supply is removed.

There's also the issue of leaving a £400+ camera in full view in your windscreen.

Some of the GoPro clones do have the dash-cam options in their menu. Y'know, the ones that cost about £50 and have a built in screen.