Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
The Sick Moon

General Election Day!

Farage has resigned.

An honourable man. Right ideas, wrong persona and presentation.

Rot, without the persona and presentation the ideas are xenophobic and hugely limited in scope and application. Without the jolly beer Farage brought to UKIP it just becomes a group of apoplectic red-faced middle aged complainers about those bloody foreigners.

Farage was the Syd James of politics giving the V sign and rasperberry to the establishment - replacing him with a "proper" politician will destroy UKIP.

The real battle for the Euro sceptics will be for control of the Tory party. With Farage gone the action will all be with John Major's "bastards" pushing for an exit from a rebellious backbench via the referendum rather than a re-commitment via renegotiation Cameron is aspiring for.

UKIP's star is on the wane with Farage's exit ... but the Euro-Sceptics, I guess they sent real power via leverage on the back benches.

Tool! There is none so blind as those that will not see.

Edited to add.

4 million or so complainants.

Edited by homarus

Edited to add.

See what?

The Chief Minister says what the island has most to fear from a returning Conservative government is the future UK position in Europe.

Allan Bell says any vote on Europe - something which Mr Cameron has promised - would put the Manx in a difficult position and perhaps damage the Island's Finance sector

Edited to add.

See what?

That 88% of the population aren't taken in by UKIP's rot that migrants and the EU are the cause of all woes.

Though with 12% of the vote they should get more than one 650ths of the seats in the Commons (see PR thread).

That 88% of the population aren't taken in by UKIP's rot that migrants and the EU are the cause of all woes.

Though with 12% of the vote they should get more than one 650ths of the seats in the Commons (see PR thread).

Yeah, I kind of knew that was the thrust of it, but Homarus is hardly in a position to whine about bloody forriners coming over here and taking our jobs now is he? That would just be too hypocritical.

With the tories no longer "fettered" by the lib-Dems the good people of the UK can look forward to the £20 Billion worth of cuts that were promised/are needed, without opposition....

Good. It is desperately needed.

Until you realise that just like the IoM, the cuts will start at the bottom. That means your bin only being emptied half as often as it was. Fewer bottom feeders in the council to clean the puke and dog shit off your streets and pavements. Less funding to fill the potholes in the road at the end of your drive.

Cuts to save money, yes. How they're managed and applied is another thing altogether. Salaries of £100s of thousands a year for desk pushers in Town Halls will continue. Just like IoM.

Edited by Non-Believer

Guess as to how or where the Tories will make cuts

Benefits system is my guess where they'll hit and maybe starting with child benefits where you can only claim for up to two children and anything over that gets no additional benefit.

Those with a mansion and ten or so children will need to look out.

Guess as to how or where the Tories will make cuts

Benefits system is my guess where they'll hit and maybe starting with child benefits where you can only claim for up to two children and anything over that gets no additional benefit.

Those with a mansion won't need to look out.

Fixed.......

This is great news for ordinary working people. A government who can continue to generate economic growth and make Britain a business friendly place, where we can have jobs. There's nothing better for working people than to be able to work. I'm very happy with the result.

• Like 2

This is great news for ordinary working people. A government who can continue to generate economic growth and make Britain a business friendly place, where we can have jobs. There's nothing better for working people than to be able to work. I'm very happy with the result.

...cos you don't live there?

...cos you don't live there?

I care about Britain and have many friends and family there. Also, what happens in Britain affects here.

• Like 2

I don't care whether he is columnist of the year or the Queen of Sheba. Anyone who writes those two lines is an imbecile. Particularly: "If you want to see a bit of compassion and an NHS vote Labour." What does that mean? There is going to be a NHS whatever the result isn't there?

You sure about that?

Oh no. You can't be, can you? Neither am I. Neither are lots of folks.

And that's just one issue with a Tory government...

Where do you get this nonsense from? Who (apart from Labour scare stories) has said there won't be a NHS with a Tory win?
Well, apart from Columnist of the Year Mark Steel there's also decent folks like Martin Dorey.

It's not exactly rocket science. The poorest folks need welfare payments, like exclusive zero-hours workers, and Osborne is going to cut them.

Dear me, there are none so blind...

R4 is the best broadcaster on the planet, no question. In the extented WA1 they dragged in whoever they chose because they all want to be spouting their bs via the most trusted broadcaster on the planet.

As I explained earlier the union boss who put Ed in above his brother (Kenny?) complained Labour had the wrong strategy. Gove was gushing that voters voted with their hearts (total bollocks, Tory voters always vote with their wallets) and a Labour mp stated that on the doorstep he frequently got "Ed isn't PM material" and "I'm not voting Labour to let the SNP run England" which is a testimony to the efficacy of the Tory negative spin.

I'm not really surprised that the election was won by Rupert Murdoch, the Barclay brothers and Paul Dacre...

Edited by P.K.
  • Like 1

The results of the so called election are irrelevant, the people have been hood winked into believing they had a choice and the agenda will press on..I have no doubt it was as rigged an the Scottish referendum was.

How the hell did the 0.1% manage to control the other 99.9%?

The masons do it by beaming thoughts into your head.