Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Katman

Heritage Way Closed to Dog Walkers

Just seen this small sign pinned to the gate at the Union MIlls entrance onto the Heritage Way.

Just wondering whether it is legal and if they have a proper Closure Order to back it up.

post-3176-0-28775300-1431520453_thumb.jpg

I always liked the idea of removing the gates on the old railway line and putting down some slate chippings to improve the surface so that people can use it to cycle to work. The only trouble is that it becomes a raceway for lycra loons to the detriment of other users.

• Like 1

Title misleading, "Path closed for timetrial" is hardly discussion worthy, you could have gone to http://www.gov.im/residents/roadnotifications/Notification.aspx?id=4758

and seen it was all above board.

Edited by Silentbob
  • Like 2

How could anyone allow "stay of the railway line" to make it to print? Stupid people really get on my nerves.

• Like 2

Haven't been down along there for a while - are the main gates still padlocked all the time?

Some are. The rubble from peel road does make it a better bike path, but the gates are a pain.

How could anyone allow "stay of the railway line" to make it to print? Stupid people really get on my nerves.

I think people who are otherwise literate rely too much on computers to check their spelling which is fine until you pick a wrong word which also happens to exist as in this case. Misplaced confidence in technology.

• Like 1

I think people who are otherwise literate rely too much on computers to check their spelling which is fine until you pick a wrong word which also happens to exist as in this case. Misplaced confidence in technology.

Yeah, but don't they ever read it back? That jumped right out at me on the most cursory of glances.

Or "exercisers of animals". You can tell it was written by a cyclist with an attitude.

• Like 1

Haven't been down along there for a while - are the main gates still padlocked all the time?

Some are. The rubble from peel road does make it a better bike path, but the gates are a pain.

Do cyclists have to pay for a key to access the locked areas or do you just chuck your bike over the top of the gate ?

Do cyclists have to pay for a key to access the locked areas or do you just chuck your bike over the top of the gate ?

Each gate's got it's own special way, some you can just go around the side, some over the top, some through the short swing gate at the side.