TV Gold - Manx Couple on Jeremy Kyle

Teddy Smith

for posterity also. what do the mods think of the use of this term? i just want clarification if you are racist so i can report you woody. just spit it out. i'm a manx scouser with a mixed race daughter, mixed race girlfriend, and i'm not racist or cowardly in any way. like most peole i just take people as they are no matter the colour of their skin. i have a lot of mixed race friends and family. you seem to be changing the spelling to avoid dealing with the responses you would recieve. please clear this up so we know what the moderators think and if they will allow racist remarks on this site. thanks x

• Like 1

scousers, niggas or pikeys?

For posterity....

twice i've seen this by woody2 now. what is the meaning ?

its what the island is made up of

what is a "nigga" though? whom are you reffering to woody? be more precise please if you are being racist just so i can clarify. thanks x

nothing is racist in my posts, nigga is not a racist word

are you racist though. sure the isle of man is made up of manx people why didn't you mention them?

are you thick? nigga is not racist. whatever you think i am saying is not my problem

try usin it to my family see how you get on as well woody. no i'm not thick. your language is vague and ambiguous,that's my point. so please enlighten us and give us the definition of the "word" "nigga". then we can know if we think the island is made up of them can't we. and we can know if you are being racist. so can the mods and the wider community. thanks x

are you thick? nigga is not racist. whatever you think i am saying is not my problem

Try using the word in north or east London ............please ....... let us know how you get on laugh.png

already have, one of the in-house crew at the o2 nickname is niggathumbsup.gif

Try typing into your search engine and please read the results!

no need, i already know what it stands for and its not a racist word

Yes it is.

• Like 1

scousers, niggas or pikeys?

For posterity....

twice i've seen this by woody2 now. what is the meaning ?

its what the island is made up of

nothing is racist in my posts, nigga is not a racist word

Woody2, I'm struggling to understand what you are hoping to achieve here.

You say the Island is made up of these three groups of people.

That is quite categorically false - they represent small to tiny proportions at best.

I think you are being very provocative with the n word*. I think you are trying to make a semantic point that some black people use this word with this spelling themselves - a very small proportion, usually young and provocatively foul mouthed.

Just because some people say fuck doesn't mean it isn't a swear word. The same applies here.

You come over as being demeaning, provocative and even aggressive towards people.

You don't like benefits scroungers and lay-abouts. Neither do I, but these groups are different from the people you have labelled in pretty nasty language.

You don't usually post like this. My advice would be to stop digging.

Edited to add: and the p word too.

Edited by Chinahand
  • Like 3

Try typing into your search engine and please read the results!

Out of interest, I did just that, and from the urban dictionary:

Nigga is a word which evolved from the derogative term "nigger". Tupac best defined the distinction between the two.

NIGGER- a black man with a slavery chain around his neck.

NIGGA- a black man with a gold chain on his neck.

Sections of various groups have attempted to appropriate an insult directed at the group to depower it.

That is in nearly all cases a very controversial thing and other sections of those groups have remained deeply offended by the use of the word, even by other group members.

I do not think there is a need for people to be gratuitous in their language.

But as ever Manx Forums isn't known for people displaying self control. Shame.

• Like 5

I see this all the time and just don't get it!

Time after time after time, a thread is thrown off the rails by calling each other names and so forth.

Come on guys, have a little teasing by all means, but please stop it there... please?

This post is very good and kinda sums it up for me. Have a look back to the start of MF and see the different tone in the threads back in 2004. There's none of this petty nonsense.

It's interesting however that paul thinks its OK for tamelf to ignore society rules but woody must obey them. Not sure I understand the thinking there. Surely if tamelf can mess around with the courts playing semantics then woody should be able to on here.

Not condoning woody's use of the n-word mind in the same way that I don't condone tame's foolishness.

for posterity also. what do the mods think of the use of this term? i just want clarification if you are racist so i can report you woody. just spit it out. i'm a manx scouser with a mixed race daughter, mixed race girlfriend, and i'm not racist or cowardly in any way. like most peole i just take people as they are no matter the colour of their skin. i have a lot of mixed race friends and family. you seem to be changing the spelling to avoid dealing with the responses you would recieve. please clear this up so we know what the moderators think and if they will allow racist remarks on this site. thanks x

The mods would be here in seconds to ban him or expressing their moral outrage demanding an apology if it was another poster. Woody2 is obviously in the in crowd. Only a couple of weeks ago someone was practically lynched on here for using the word spastic. lol.

• Like 1