Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Gee Cee

Horse Trams

This was always going to happen. All of this crap about moving it was just to wear people down for this inevitable conclusion. I hope they run them for a few weeks so my bairns can enjoy one last trip that their kids never will

Sadly you are probably right but if the "powers that be" cannot grasp the fact that the horse trams are part of the Islands heritage and if that continues to be destroyed then the 'vintage transport enthusiasts' will be discouraged from visiting.

One hopes that Central Government will take it on , failing that , enthusiasts should be given a chance to run the service before the numpty's sell off the stables and associated premises. AND TRAMS

selling the golden goose :(

• Like 1

I am really sad about this and truly disgusted.

On a side note, has anyone got any contacts that are involved with the horses? There was a nice dun that I wouldn't mind offering a home to.

This place is going to the dogs

I think you are being a little insensitive there jess
  • Like 1

^^ You are right!

Good grief! I really should think about what I type. I'm just so bloody incensed by it.

they'll be cancelling the ploughing matches next :lol:

Has anyone yet mentioned the welfare of the horses? Is it still necessary to have a single horse pull a heavy tram with a varying load of passengers just for the novelty of being pulled by an animal?

I'm aware that once running the effort required to keep them running isn't that great, but starting them going is horrible to watch.

Is there nothing you can't find to moan about that is related to the Island?

The Shire is a working animal, with an enormous capacity for weight pulling. There is no welfare issue at all.

There are a number of heavy horse breeds that are classed as an endangered species - The Suffolk Punch for one

Would you prefer the breed to die out because there is no job for it? These types of breeds are not pets and they are rarely ridden animals

My father spent years showing horses over here and was very knowledgeable regarding horses, the goverment got in touch with him and asked if he would help out during the summer driving the horse trams, he did it for one year then refused to go back for the reason i quote: i will not be part of the cruelty that is part of this horse tram business.

They'll have their mates waiting to buy the stables and attached buildings, why don't we just be done with it and give the whole of the Isle of man to Dandara?

For those who believe in Santa Clause and the Tooth Fairy, please look away now.

Oh never Mrs Bees, surely there's no-one who would take a hamper, holiday, freebie gift from Dandara as wouldn't that be dishonest in some way?

Could anyone really see council members, MHK's, MLC's, Civil/Public servant's etc accepting a nudge nudge or sweetener from them?

(Add smirk, eyes looking up, coughing or laughing fit now)

• Like 1

For those who believe in Santa Clause and the Tooth Fairy, please look away now.

Yes. All parties wishing to cease believing in Christmas MUST serve two weeks notice to all other interested parties.

^^ You are right!

Good grief! I really should think about what I type. I'm just so bloody incensed by it.

they'll be cancelling the ploughing matches next laugh.png

Doubt it - Our Phil wouldn't stand for that thumbsup.gif

I bet people were upset when they stopped the train going Peel, and the trams going up Bucks Road and Marine Drive. We don't like change.

Is kinda sad though. My chipolata loves it when they clip clop past.

Edited by Mr. Sausages
  • Like 1

I like the horse trams, as does my offspring. Moronic people meddling for no good reason. Why not just leave everything alone.

• Like 1