Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Trueblood

IoM Health and Social Care CEO resigns

I'm still looking for a job, I'll do it. Where do I apply? :P

Are you qualified for a senior government post?

By that we mean have you ever lied on, or otherwise seriously embellished, your CV, or been pursued by Interpol or some other multi national police agency for crimes as yet uncovered or undocumented (remember they probably won't be arsed doing some sort of check around this). Have you ever been involved in a UK public enquiry, sacked because of a UK public enquiry, been fired from your post, or perhaps been coshed by an expensive Compromise Agreement and needed to leave the UK in a hurry? You may be a kiddy fiddler, a fraudster, or an undischarged bankrupt. Alternatively you've perhaps invented a complete tissue of lies about some crappy role you had in the UK and sold it to some impressionable hick in the middle of the Irish Sea who failed to ask the right question?

If you're not Manx and have done some, if not most, of these things in the last 10 years then feel free to give it a go as you'll at least get an interview. But only if you're not Manx. If you're Manx you've got no chance as your CV will end up in the bin.

Edited by Wankleaks
  • Like 8

Well the head hunters who drove David Anderson out as Minister of DHSS on the basis in their opinion that one of their gang could do better, the nominated one Howard Quayle from the gang, who like a puffed out pigeon has been telling us manxies that this new wonder man that was going to lead Howard's team to glory, hasn't lasted long, in fact not only has the wheels come off Howard trolly, but it has crashed straight into the brick wall.

The Dept left will now be left for months without a Chief Executive in control, it will take at least a few months to find one, so seeing Howard has been boasting how good his management team was and of course he is, (read the Hansard Transcript when Howard and the CEO were giving evidence to the scrutiny Committee), then as the bull xxxx has been blown afield, its over to Howard to run it now, remember he was one of the traitors who got rid of David Anderson.

There was no crisis when David Anderson was in charge and whom was supported by manxies who knew the DHSS inside out, but now, we have more than a crisis, unless you have faith with a boat with Howard as Captain, then man the lifeboats now.

From what I have heard and seen, if you need medical treatment in Nobles, find a Hospital in the UK now.

Howard in only a few months has spent all the cash, he should fall on his sword now, the quicker he does, the more hope there is of trying to salvage what has been left.

>There was no crisis when David Anderson was in charge...

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/isle-of-man-news/consultant-challenges-minister-of-health-1-5761613

Anderson didn't have a clue what was going on during his watch. So the above must be quote of the decade from Buster.

Buster dear chap, even when you plead guilty, nobody believes you.

>...another wadge of the top team are going to walk.

>...it could be be the top 8 to 12 walking out.

Seeing is believing. Let's be generous and allow your lower figure.

One down, seven to go; and sensible figure on a time limit? Say the next three months (from you asserting they aren't giving notice) or will your prediction need longer?

Incidentally, my spies tell me that Charters was the autocrat and regularly bawled out his staff, recent times indicate he challenged the wrong female director and his bark proved a good deal more fearsome than his bite.

The HR Dept. need to come under closer scrutiny, bearing in mind the other fiasco over Dirk Hoehmann.

TBT.

Anderson his predesessor Teare and now Quayle are from a system that breeds a culture of incompetence.

This in turn allows the recruitment of high level civil servants who are equally incompetent in what they do, breed by a culture that takes no accountabilty for what they do.

That culture in turn does not challenge the politicians or the senior civil servants but allows them either to retire on a huge pension or votes them into LegCo.

Charters is on his way, like David Killip before him, without loss of earnings or pension.

We shall have to wait to see if Anderson becomes an MLC next to prove that our system of government is third world and sinking fast.

• Like 2

Looking at Wann's post and the links he provides, I've never seen such bullshit in my life. How the hell did they appoint this guy ? I'd have shown him the door within two minutes if he came out with this shite.

bullshit is what HR tossers are trained to fall for. it doesn't matter how capable of doing the job you are so long as you can spin a good story to HR.

• Like 10

We seem to attract people with little achievements and a chequered past to the higher echelons of our public services. Can someone learn please to smell bullshit and read into antecedents !

• Like 3

Well the head hunters who drove David Anderson out as Minister of DHSS on the basis in their opinion that one of their gang could do better, the nominated one Howard Quayle from the gang, who like a puffed out pigeon has been telling us manxies that this new wonder man that was going to lead Howard's team to glory, hasn't lasted long, in fact not only has the wheels come off Howard trolly, but it has crashed straight into the brick wall.

The Dept left will now be left for months without a Chief Executive in control, it will take at least a few months to find one, so seeing Howard has been boasting how good his management team was and of course he is, (read the Hansard Transcript when Howard and the CEO were giving evidence to the scrutiny Committee), then as the bull xxxx has been blown afield, its over to Howard to run it now, remember he was one of the traitors who got rid of David Anderson.

There was no crisis when David Anderson was in charge and whom was supported by manxies who knew the DHSS inside out, but now, we have more than a crisis, unless you have faith with a boat with Howard as Captain, then man the lifeboats now.

From what I have heard and seen, if you need medical treatment in Nobles, find a Hospital in the UK now.

Howard in only a few months has spent all the cash, he should fall on his sword now, the quicker he does, the more hope there is of trying to salvage what has been left.

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/isle-of-man-news/consultant-challenges-minister-of-health-1-5761613

Anderson didn't have a clue what was going on during his watch. So the above must be quote of the decade from Buster.

One down, seven to go; and sensible figure on a time limit? Say the next three months (from you asserting they aren't giving notice) or will your prediction need longer?

Incidentally, my spies tell me that Charters was the autocrat and regularly bawled out his staff, recent times indicate he challenged the wrong female director and his bark proved a good deal more fearsome than his bite.

The HR Dept. need to come under closer scrutiny, bearing in mind the other fiasco over Dirk Hoehmann.

TBT.

Buster has the measure of these guys. He is also correct in his take on David Anderson. Some of you are just too fucking thick to understand what has gone on.

• Like 5

I guess he passed the medical despite being obese and chain smoker, and his chums from Bexlet are still here as consultants. Bell must surely resign.

100% spot on.

You reap what you sow in all walks of life and our Gov. in no different.

Some may ask WHY Charters was given the post in the first place and why so many cronies have been brought over to fill posts that were deleted, with large pay outs for those forced out !!"

>with large pay outs for those forced out !!

Lest we forget David Killip's bonanza, but at the time you seemed in agreement with that!

Perhaps Buster's finally hoodwinked you like he did the Proxy Voters.

And as for you agreeing that Buster is "100% spot on" with "From what I have heard and seen, if you need medical treatment in Nobles, find a Hospital in the UK now."

Tut, tut.

There are plenty of excellent staff up at Nobles, 'lions led by donkey's' would be my observation.

TBT.

You have me on agreeing about a UK hospital as I did not see that quote from Buster. I have 100 % faith in Noble's and it's management team.

However, David Killip was a bloody good CEO and was shit on by the same people that squeezed charters into the job ( as was David Anderson)

Edited by dilligaf

However, David Killip was a bloody good COE and was shit on by the same people that squeezed charters into the job ( as was David Anderson)

rubbish

Edited by newaccount
  • Like 1

However, David Killip was a bloody good COE and was shit on by the same people that squeezed charters into the job ( as was David Anderson)

rubbish

But he was.

Maybe Bell should go?? Just how many fuck ups and u turns can a man preside over ? Let's face it, in the real world, there would be strong calls for him to resign.

• Like 1

Maybe Bell should go?? Just how many fuck ups and u turns can a man preside over ? Let's face it, in the real world, there would be strong calls for him to resign.

The real problem is at the level below the Politicians. It's an institutional "who gives a fuck, and what are you going to do about it anyway" by about 60% of everyone who works for Government. Nothing Bell or anyone else can try to do will make any difference. It's just institutional inertia, self interest, corruption and widespread cronyism and laziness which is driving the Island.

• Like 4

Just out of interest, where does AB come into this?

Charters was not selected by Government or indeed by Mr Bell, so why all the bile towards them.

Charters was appointed by HQ, no matter how you view it.

• Like 2

If you're Manx you've got no chance as your CV will end up in the bin.

Yep, that's exactly how my experience has gone, and how many people here feel.

• Like 1

If the Government take on someone who is clearly at the peak of their career and their ability on the mainland, then if they are given a nice incentive and promotion (even if it is way out of their depth) to come here and have their ego massaged etc, then the Government will have them indebted and manipulable.

TBT.

You have forgot the letter signed by I cant remember how many MHK'S i think it was 12 that they handed to Bell advising they would place a vote of no motion in Anderson, this is what finished Anderson, the Consultants might of started it. A correction of your statement above.

To be a CEO you have to go through various very high management tests, unless he was allowed to by pass them, Kate Beecroft should ask of the process the prospective CEO's were required to complete.