the great TT rip off.

been going quite regular every few months to an Italian eatery in douglas for lunch. I always have the same thing and for the past year the item cost £10.50. the 'TT menu' listed the same item at £13.50 !?? ok , it may have gone up around 30%?, a little above inflation i'll grant you but perhaps there is a world cheese and flour shortage I've not heard about?? anyways, I happened to pass the place today, TT week now been and gone, and the price is now down to £10.90 or it could have been £10.95, but either way it just demonstrates how some companies take the piss TT week,

• Like 2

I drove to Peel the other day and I noticed big words and an arrow painted on a wall at Greeba saying "Watch the racing here for £5" or words to that effect. I thought, "That's a bit tacky!"

me too, but knowing who lives there it isn't a surprise.

been going quite regular every few months to an Italian eatery in douglas for lunch. I always have the same thing and for the past year the item cost £10.50. the 'TT menu' listed the same item at £13.50 !?? ok , it may have gone up around 30%?, a little above inflation i'll grant you but perhaps there is a world cheese and flour shortage I've not heard about?? anyways, I happened to pass the place today, TT week now been and gone, and the price is now down to £10.90 or it could have been £10.95, but either way it just demonstrates how some companies take the piss TT week,

Why is it a rip off? It's supply and demand. It's the two weeks of the year where our local service industry makes the most money so quelle surprise they take advantage.

Don't eat out for TT fortnight if you are so outraged.

Why is it a rip off? It's supply and demand. It's the two weeks of the year where our local service industry makes the most money so quelle surprise they take advantage.

Exactly. Or if it annoys you so much open you own place and drop the prices at race week out of the goodness of your heart and for the benefit of the visitors.

• Like 1

That still doesn't explain why the price didn't return to the pre-TT price.

So businesses are now not allowed to increase their prices?

So businesses are now not allowed to increase their prices?

That's not at all what I was suggesting. However, a free market works both ways - as a customer, I have a right to question their prices and make a decision based on their explanation (or lack thereof) as to whether I will continue to give them my custom.

Some places eg Port Jack Chippy prominently state they don't increase their prices. I like that.

I noticed that too, good for them.

The visitors probably think "Christ, do the poor bastards pay these prices all year round?"