First music album or single you ever bought?

Where did you see him Addie? I saw him at the Douglas Head late 70s/early 80s - one of the best gigs I have been to.

Are you sure Gladys ? I thought he played at the hotel on Onchan Head (The name of which I can't remember at the moment) in the late 60's early 70's ? My memory is very vague on this so I'll happily be corrected unsure.png

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Douglas Bay Hotel:  

Theresa Brewer........Jingle Bell Rock...............oh dear

First album I bought was Pink Floyd's Dark Side of The Moon ( and still may be the best album I have bought )

Possibly Queen's 'The Works' on cassette. The first tape I bought with money I'd earned myself, as opposed to pocket money or birthday money, was Whitesnake's self titled 1987 album, with money I earned in sixth form marking 11-plus papers.

Queen's Platinum Collection is the most recent album I bought - after watching the original Highlander film last week and liking the Who Wants To Live Forever song.

Where did you see him Addie? I saw him at the Douglas Head late 70s/early 80s - one of the best gigs I have been to.

That's the one, Gladys :-) He was excellent, wasn't he?

I can really recommend the sound track to the Jesse Stone series by Jeff Beal. It costs about $400 if you can find it on CD..................................However, if you 'e' mail Jeff he will send you a download for a reasonable donation.

Apparently, Sony won't re-release it, hence the second hand price for original CDs.

Are you sure Gladys ? I thought he played at the hotel on Onchan Head (The name of which I can't remember at the moment) in the late 60's early 70's ? My memory is very vague on this so I'll happily be corrected unsure.png

Possibly, you are thinking of the Majestic. He may have played there, but I definitely saw him at the Douglas Head. He was late, as I remember, delayed at the Rosemount :)

• Like 1

That's the one, Gladys :-) He was excellent, wasn't he?

Yes, brilliant! We may have bumped into one another!
  • Like 1

Though Proby could be over the top and melodramatic, he had a hell of voice, and he was probably one of the very few of the era who could blow Tom Jones off the stage. Proby's version of Somewhere is perhaps the definitive one. Mind you, it's a hell of a song and there are many great covers of it. I'm sorry I was a bit too young to catch his appearance here. I'll bet it was really special.

I've seen both and Proby couldn't hold a candle to Jones. To be fair, Proby may have gone off a bit by then.

First album I bought was Pink Floyd's Dark Side of The Moon ( and still may be the best album I have bought thumbsup.gif )

I guess you haven't bought The Division Bell then. thumbsup.gif

I think I may now have all Pink Floyd's albums, a few on LPs, a few tapes, several CDs but mostly digital on Ipod touch and PC .

Division Bell, Dark Side of The Moon and Final Cut are the best I think.

The worst (if one can say that ) has to be The Endless River. I thought it was good when it came out, but not now.

First album I bought was Pink Floyd's Dark Side of The Moon ( and still may be the best album I have bought thumbsup.gif )

I think I may now have all Pink Floyd's albums, a few on LPs, a few tapes, several CDs but mostly digital on Ipod touch and PC .

The worst (if one can say that ) has to be The Endless River. I thought it was good when it came out, but not now.

I agree. The Endless River should have been released as a bonus CD as part of The Division Bell re-release. It doesn't even make for good ambient background music - it's too disjointed. It sounds more like a sample CD.

• Like 1

I agree. The Endless River should have been released as a bonus CD as part of The Division Bell re-release. It doesn't even make for good ambient background music - it's too disjointed. It sounds more like a sample CD.

The Endless River. It's supposed to incorporate previously unreleased music made while they were producing The Division Bell -- my personal favourite -- as well as new stuff. Can't wait 'til midnight to have a listen! w00t.gif

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00NPZI1ZS/ref=dm_rogue_cd

TJ and Isaac in coincidence shocker.....thumbsup.gif

Douglas Bay Hotel:

17314_699387340189169_833698842736477325

• Like 2