Facebook Political Groups

ans

Not that I don't think bullying is a serious issue, but why is every other post on MVIC about bullying? What is that all about?

It's a government worker thing. Many can't accept that they are colossally thick - so whenever someone draws attention to the fact that they are thick and that what has come out of their mouth is entirely nonsensical they then have to loudly claim that they are being "bullied" to other people rather than accept that they just might be thick. Within IOMG they can also go on courses to teach them all about bullying so they then become experts on pointing out that they think they are being bullied rather than just monitoring the level of bullshit that comes out of their mouths.

Not in my experience. I think a lot of the badmouthing / bullying of government workers on this forum comes down to jealousy and resentment that others are paid more than you. Working in government is a very big responsibility - the higher salaries are designed to attract the best and brightest. Victoria has a higher IQ than you and the rest of her detractors on here combined. The same goes for Amy. She is a very intelligent woman and I think the bullying against her on here is because some men are intimidated by very intelligent women.

Not that I don't think bullying is a serious issue, but why is every other post on MVIC about bullying? What is that all about?

It's a government worker thing. Many can't accept that they are colossally thick - so whenever someone draws attention to the fact that they are thick and that what has come out of their mouth is entirely nonsensical they then have to loudly claim that they are being "bullied" to other people rather than accept that they just might be thick. Within IOMG they can also go on courses to teach them all about bullying so they then become experts on pointing out that they think they are being bullied rather than just monitoring the level of bullshit that comes out of their mouths.

Not in my experience. I think a lot of the badmouthing / bullying of government workers on this forum comes down to jealousy and resentment that others are paid more than you. Working in government is a very big responsibility - the higher salaries are designed to attract the best and brightest. Victoria has a higher IQ than you and the rest of her detractors on here combined. The same goes for Amy. She is a very intelligent woman and I think the bullying against her on here is because some men are intimidated by very intelligent women.

I agree whole heartedly with Public Servant.

two useless public servants shitting themselves they may be out the door soon,not soon enough for most people,they are fucking leeches on society.

Yes but if you use a made up manx name you can use that to do all your naughty work and no one will know. Like what the trolls do over on that awful manxforums.

Awful and petulant as I said. Why do the threads on here always hit a new lot the minute that hideous creature Burns gets even a passing mention? The time you lot spend spreading such hate around the Island is really incredible.

Maybe you hit the nail on the head in the post Made Up Manx Name responded to? You're right in that years ago IOMG would have acted on all of this and anyone posting politically sensitive stuff in their own name would have had a talking to. Visible online bullying and the harassment on Facebook/MVIC of someone putting their name forward for an election even more so. It doesn't bode well for this new Facebook Group either. A lot of them seem to be supremely arrogant to think they can just say and do as they like - and still get paid by the taxpayer - the very same people they feel they can abuse with impunity. None of them seem to have any class or sense of propriety anymore.

Nothing will ever change though as nobody inside government has got the balls to deal with anything.

Edited by thesultanofsheight

Chris Robertshaw won't like party politics as he simply cannot work with, or listen to, others, or at least only up to a point. He has shown this with CoMin. He has shown this with the people he is supposed to represent. His ego and personality take over and that is his big fault. He will not see others' point of view.

Party Politics is inclusive. Although not a member, I have been to a Lib Van meeting and was impressed that everyone has the opportunity to air their views and debate and learn from others' knowledge and experience.

Chris Robertshaw will win the debate hands down, because he will put on his condescending smoothie voice and use meaningless hifalutin words and phrases. I'm not saying Kate Beecroft can't put up with that......I'm saying no one can put up with that.

Chris Robertshaw has a contribution to make, an important one when it comes to providing the drive & forcefulness needed to take on the Committee of Chief Executive Officers and taking IOMG into the digital 21st century - he has to compromise & collaborate with others in the political sphere to get things done however

The ultimate irony would be someone like Cat Turner getting in and then they give her Departmental responsibility over the area some of these people work in and she could fuck them right out the door for being the petulant, bullying, gobshites that they are.

Don't forget that Cat is a taxpayer too. Thanks for paying the money in to the system pay our wages. But we'll let a load of public sector employees contribute to, post on, and even moderate, a site that rips the ass out of your personal life. Cheers! Kerrching !!!

• Like 1

Chris Robertshaw won't like party politics as he simply cannot work with, or listen to, others, or at least only up to a point. He has shown this with CoMin. He has shown this with the people he is supposed to represent. His ego and personality take over and that is his big fault. He will not see others' point of view.

Party Politics is inclusive. Although not a member, I have been to a Lib Van meeting and was impressed that everyone has the opportunity to air their views and debate and learn from others' knowledge and experience.

Chris Robertshaw will win the debate hands down, because he will put on his condescending smoothie voice and use meaningless hifalutin words and phrases. I'm not saying Kate Beecroft can't put up with that......I'm saying no one can put up with that.

Chris Robertshaw has a contribution to make, an important one when it comes to providing the drive & forcefulness needed to take on the Committee of Chief Executive Officers and taking IOMG into the digital 21st century - he has to compromise & collaborate with others in the political sphere to get things done however

I agree with what you are suggesting.

But, he does not have the ability to control his ego. He has demonstrated that already. A hotel manager most of his working life then achieves his long standing ambition to be a National Politician, with the big boys, with power and hosting meetings with the likes of Nicola Sturgeon etc.

He goes off on a power trip which involves not only sticking two fingers up to the people who elected him and who he is supposed to represent, but also loses the confidence of the people he has to work with.

The guy is a smooth talking eccentric fantacist. Aye, he'll walk the general election, but he has lost credibility as a backbencher and also as a member of Government.

• Like 1

Nah, he's just a grandad who wants to leave a better world...

Yep, that's his line and a very noble one it sounds. At first sight.

But he means it literally, in that what he would appear to want to leave a better world for HIS grandchildren (ie not the accepted phrase of the generic next national generation). For example, Robertshaw's family are all on private health care. So hey, why not make everyone have to go on private health care, pay for it out of their own pockets like he does. And Mr Robertshaw will surely not have to worry about any of his family having to go on the dole, so hey, let's kick these lazy people on the dole in the teeth, who are taking money out of the system.

etc.

Such politics are very easy when you have a privileged background and have been successful through whatever means (I accept CR has worked hard for his pile) .

"I can do it so why can't you lot just follow my wonderful example"

That is the worst brand of Toryism through and through.

Edited by Wann
  • Like 1

Is anyone surprised?

That is interesting to note as it is happening so early on (wasn't the Group only launched the other day?) but as you say it's hardly surprising in the least. Looking at that clip James Corrin makes an interesting point about how dirty things are going to get for people ŵho stand and I think we all have to ask why? As people have stated above, on MVIC alone, you seem to have civil servants who have been allowed to abuse and bully people and who have allowed some pretty vindictive posts aimed at Ms Turner to be posted by users (shadow controllers?) of that Group when they claim to moderate that Group. Why are their bosses turning a blind eye to this activity? The restrictions regarding political activity are in their contracts as others have said above. Then you have Mannanans Review which again seems to delight in deliberately making certain candidates look bad despite the fact that it masquerades as a site for serious political commentary. Again why? Those in power have a lot to lose at the next election. If this mud bath continues there will be fewer people coming forward and less likelihood of those already in being voted out. You could almost believe that it suits government to have a malevolent, gobby, online political underclass working for them; even employing them in some cases.

In the days of Manxman Black Pages days you had shadowy (or not so shadowy as it turned out) people setting out to expose government members for failures that had been covered up. SimIlar here years ago I suppose. Now we have so called political 'groups' and news services seeking to draw attention to every personal negative (even personal relationship failures) in a private citizen before they even get to post a manifesto through anyone's door. What would anyone gain from that? Some of the information is relevant to expose as it would affect someone's decision to vote (Ms Turners court statements etc), but a lot of it is simply online bullying and personal abuse for the sake of delivering personal abuse. Or in the case of Ms Burns, perhaps, personal abuse as payback because the appalling way she conducted herself during her own campaign rightly drew personal abuse and ridicule. Either way it's going to be genuinely appalling in the run up to an election and will certainly put more than a few candidates off. What if every sheading's campaign in 2016 ends up like the truly awful Douglas South one? With personal abuse, bullying and general widespread fish wife behaviour, hundreds of pathetic Facebook spats, and rising to a crescendo of alleged punchings at Polling Stations? That seems to be largely what the Manx Elections Group may be likely to deliver thereby cheapening the whole election process. But then again maybe you can't blame no class people for acting in a no class way.

Edited by Julian Ass-blancmange

LOL is anyone reading MVIC right now? I have never witnessed such outrageous hypocrisy in my life.

They're on there jerking each other off about how evil they think bullying is, while they're all on there slagging off a guy calling him a fantasist and every name under the sun while I assume he's not there to defend himself. I don't know him myself, and I'm not him, but I can't help but laugh at the double standard. That, and the fact that most Liberal Vannin people are banned from their group, and are routinely slagged off on there and unable to defend themselves. But yeh, they're really great champions of anti-bullying on that group!

What a bunch of dick heads.

The guy could be a fantasist for all I know, but is it really appropriate to slag off an individual online? Is this really something a public servant should be allowed to engage in publicly and online? Forget whether they're allowed, the real question is just what kind of people are they to do it in the first place? Not the sort of people I think should be employed in positions of any reponsibility or access to any information belonging to members of the public, as they amply demonstrate a serious lack of any integrity or discretion. Utterly ridiculous. To the top civil servants who I know DO read this forum, sort these dick heads out please.

The guy could be a fantasist for all I know, but is it really appropriate to slag off an individual online? Is this really something a public servant should be allowed to engage in publicly and online? Forget whether they're allowed, the real question is just what kind of people are they to do it in the first place? Not the sort of people I think should be employed in positions of any reponsibility or access to any information belonging to members of the public, as they amply demonstrate a serious lack of any integrity or discretion. Utterly ridiculous. To the top civil servants who I know DO read this forum, sort these dick heads out please.

Years ago someone would have had a word. Not now. All the managers and HR people are gutless and they are free to bully and slag off anyone they want on what is a political forum. I have stopped reading MVIC because it makes my piss boil that some people who are paid by the taxes I contribute to can say some of the stuff they say on there and still expect the people they are abusing to contribute to their salaries.

• ans locked this topic