Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
krafty

Noa bake house laxey

The newly opened Noa bakehouse in laxey

Went there today.......... It was excellent, just like the one in douglas (smaller menu) but final somewhere good in laxey.

shame it's only open 3 days a week for now

Recommend

The Crusty Weaver has nice cakes :) Noa has a very good reputation, the atmosphere in their Douglas shop is 'just right', I definitely like to meet my friends there.

Nice little cafe. Popped in last weekend for some soup, very quaint and pleasant setting. Now they need to open one in Peel.

I was at school with Miles. Top Lad. Deserves every success with his business and beautiful family.

The Crusty Weaver has nice cakes smile.png Noa has a very good reputation, the atmosphere in their Douglas shop is 'just right', I definitely like to meet my friends there.

Do you mean the Craftea Weaver?

Probably :) I have no idea what the place is called, I'll go anywhere where they've nice cakes and tea, names are for tombstones.

I was a bit disappointed with the lack of choice in the Laxey Noa. I went in the other day and they only had 2 types of pre-made plastic wrapped sandwiches, soup and 3 types of cake, that was it on the food front. Croissants and Pain au chocolat were only on at the weekend. Hopefully it will get better with time. I do like Cafe Noitre down there too, quite an original menu and they sell some amazing bread on a Sunday for only £1.20 a loaf.

Edited by Cliff Hazard

I was a bit disappointed with the lack of choice in the Laxey Noa. I went in the other day and they only had 2 types of pre-made plastic wrapped sandwiches, soup and 3 types of cake, that was it on the food front. Croissants and Pain au chocolat were only on at the weekend. Hopefully it will get better with time. I do like Cafe Noitre down there too, quite an original menu and they sell some amazing bread on a Sunday for only £1.20 a loaf.

You make it sound like Ramsey Bakery were doing a pop up day in there.

• Like 1

But that's the type of small place it is though, just a coffee and cake meeting place. Don't think they're aiming for a full eating experience like the Douglas one.

What is it with all of these 3 days a week lifestyle businesses popping up at the moment?

That gluten free bakery in Ramsey is the same (well, only 2 days this week).

Maybe the era of the 9-5 business is gone?

People are finding that rather than stay open for 7 or 8 hours a day hoping people pop by and incurring cost that it's more economical to condense your hours and rely on a niche product bringing people to you during that time.

The gluten free bakery probably doesn't collect passing trade, I'd imagine.

Not quite the glory days of the coffee pot only opening between midnight and 3am on the weekends though

• Like 3

Maybe so but it's not all that convenient for those that do work a 9-5 day and the place only opens between 10-2 (or 2:30) and then is usually sold out of most things by mid-day.

Anyway, if they can make it pay running it that way all power to them I guess.

Maybe so but it's not all that convenient for those that do work a 9-5 day and the place only opens between 10-2 (or 2:30) and then is usually sold out of most things by mid-day.

Anyway, if they can make it pay running it that way all power to them I guess.

I tend to find that places that run reduced hours (not only food places) offer a different type of and more focused service.

Typically they seem more focused on personal service where they will deliver, arrange to open by appointment etc rather than sit all day on the off chance that someone might wander in

• Like 1