Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
manxb&b

Woman who killed cyclist gets suspended sentence

In case it's not blatantly obvious by the fact a ton of posts have just been removed, there are certain incidents we don't discuss on here, and that one you've been debating is one of them. I know it sucks, but unless you've going to wire us a substantial amount of money for our legal defence fund, it stays off here. You can go argue about it somewhere else.

Don't complain, don't whine about it, we dont like it either. Don't really have any patience for anyone who wants to disregard this warning.

@ manxb&b: Right thanks, pretty sure that last bit has been added after I read it but at least we know they'ra going in the right direction.

Yes. They've definitely amended it. The original said nothing about the nature of the appeal.

• Like 1

Appeal by Tattersall and Doyle. Enough said. Aided and abetted and all that by someone called Sir MIchael Birt QC. Who he? A new pal of the first deemster perhaps?

Appeal by Tattersall and Doyle. Enough said. Aided and abetted and all that by someone called Sir MIchael Birt QC. Who he? A new pal of the first deemster perhaps?

Birt is a former Bailiff of Jersey and is still (I think off the top of my head) an appeal court judge there. Doyle is also now a judge of appeal in Jersey and Guernsey. I expect we will see more of the judges from the Channel Islands also sitting here in appeal cases. Birt was also a former AG in Jersey who became embroiled in controversy re prosecutions (or lack of them) following the child abuse scandal at Haut de la Garenne.

"Judge Paul Batty QC this afternoon sentenced her to 180 hours of unpaid work, banned her from driving for a year and told her to pay £2,800 costs."

I mean........Wow.

A Police Officer performs a u turn on a dark road, kills a biker, and the above is her punishment. Oh, and a written warning. "Please don't do it again because next time it'll be a 2 year ban".

"Judge Paul Batty QC this afternoon sentenced her to 180 hours of unpaid work, banned her from driving for a year and told her to pay £2,800 costs."

I mean........Wow.

A Police Officer performs a u turn on a dark road, kills a biker, and the above is her punishment. Oh, and a written warning. "Please don't do it again because next time it'll be a 2 year ban".

eh ?

in darkest Cumbria !

occurred in darkness at around 10.30am on April 4

I wonder if you would be prosecuted for running into someone on an unlit hill and ruining their lives?