Another Squeeze member played Peel a few years ago, not sure if it was Chris Difford or Glenn Tilbrook. Anyone see that?

Both played when Squeeze were at the Villa December 2007.

Glen Tilbrook played The Venue sometime before and Chris Difford later at the Centenary Centre.

Think Paul Carrack has been here also.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There was a superb celebration of Blackpool's big band era on BBC2 last night, featuring Jools and the band. Definitely one to catch up on if you missed it.

I saw him the last time he was over and it was a great night. Ruby Turner is fantastic and Jools is a consummate musician and entertainer. I wished I had got tickets for last night, really, as it wou

The first time JOOLS played here was at Peel Castle in the Castle grounds. Big crowd, but sadly the sound was a bit lost in the open air. The ' digital thingy ' Van the Man had was probably a clock

Another Squeeze member played Peel a few years ago, not sure if it was Chris Difford or Glenn Tilbrook. Anyone see that?

Both played when Squeeze were at the Villa December 2007.

Glen Tilbrook played The Venue sometime before and Chris Difford later at the Centenary Centre.

Think Paul Carrack has been here also.

Yeah he was at the Villa in TT week 2003.

It's a safe booking, that would appeal to people who don't really like music that much.

That's not fair at all.

Although he is not my cup of tea, I know lots of people that think he and his band are ace.

As manxie44 said, the place was full to the brim of people who had a great night. What's the problem with that?

We went to see Elton John in Noble's park, a few years back and that was superb. Packed out with everyone enjoying it.

that had it's detractors too, which I could not understand.

The more live performers we get here the better surely ?

Oh, plenty of 'music lovers' would like it too, don't get me wrong. Just like Elton!

Why do you do that?

Because he's a sackless twat and doesn't have any friends!!

I posted this on another thread but seems it is more relevant to this one:

What is all this about Jools Holland, anyway? From what I've seen of him on the TV, he's just some boring geezer on a piano. Am I missing something?

So tell me, what is this big hoo hah about this guy?

I agree, the Jools concert was superb and good value when compared to the cost of seeing similar status events off island. Mel C was also much better than expected, but Ruby Turner was the best. The flyer said 'Promoted by The Isle of Music Festival' to answer the question above. No idea who is behind that, but well done.

Steve Corran and Emma Christian i think

Steve *Coren*

Manx Radio gave the gig plenty of free publicity. (They do that for advocates!)

I agree, the Jools concert was superb and good value when compared to the cost of seeing similar status events off island. Mel C was also much better than expected, but Ruby Turner was the best. The flyer said 'Promoted by The Isle of Music Festival' to answer the question above. No idea who is behind that, but well done.

arts funding paid for the gig, not forgetting the horrendous yearly running costs of the villa

arts funding paid for the gig, not forgetting the horrendous yearly running costs of the villa
I understood it was a private venture that had no Arts Council funding, unless you know better? If there had been any Arts Council funding their logo would have been present on all the marketing. They insist on it. Edited by Manx Bean

I understood it was a private venture that had no Arts Council funding, unless you know better? If there had been any Arts Council funding their logo would have been present on all the marketing. They insist on it.

I'm pretty sure that isn't always the case. In fact, I know of projects that have had a fair old wedge of IOMAC cash that you would never know about unless the artist had told you. Like they told me. They could have been lying I suppose.

• Like 1

Why would Arts Council support go to a commercial venture to bring over a popular entertainer from the UK, especially one that has a full house or near full house at £42 per ticket?

Why would Arts Council support go to a commercial venture to bring over a popular entertainer from the UK, especially one that has a full house or near full house at £42 per ticket?

Indeed. But I doubt woody2 will expound his claim. S/He never does. Which is a shame because s/he could well be correct.

There was a superb celebration of Blackpool's big band era on BBC2 last night, featuring Jools and the band. Definitely one to catch up on if you missed it.

It's on again tonight at 9m (I think) on BBC3

It's a safe booking, that would appeal to people who don't really like music that much.

That's not fair at all.

Although he is not my cup of tea, I know lots of people that think he and his band are ace.

As manxie44 said, the place was full to the brim of people who had a great night. What's the problem with that?

We went to see Elton John in Noble's park, a few years back and that was superb. Packed out with everyone enjoying it.

that had it's detractors too, which I could not understand.

The more live performers we get here the better surely ?

At last we agree on something, and that pleases me. No point in constant bickering

• Like 1