• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And even then it would be better not to mull it over at all. There is just no point. The man has gone and it is nobody's business but his family and friends. There used to be an automatic instinctive

Oh please don't.

Never met the guy, although did have a couple of exchanges with him behind the scenes here, but enough people whose opinion I value have said he had a good sense of self deprecating humour and humilit

Very sad news, far too young. Although I never met him, what I saw of him showed him as a likeable lad and it would seem he was a talented and go ahead chap. Condolences to his family and friends.

• Like 1

truly sad - met and nattered to him once when he was fixing some equipment on Mannanan - came over as a very pleasant enthusiastic young techie businessman who deserved to succeed - somewhat different than his reputation based I think on his TV appearance

• Like 3

Never met him myself but am quite upset about this. I work in a similar industry to his and I liked what he was doing and his sense of humour was part of it. He wasn't fazed by the many Manx Crabs who said he wouldn't succeed. The iomtoday 4G launch piece the other day was a prime example. Sounds like he was just about to make his dream happen too after a long time working on it. RIP fella.

• Like 7

Met him a few times and quite a hyperactive guy.

RIP Baggsy

Edited by Cliff

And even then it would be better not to mull it over at all. There is just no point. The man has gone and it is nobody's business but his family and friends. There used to be an automatic instinctive respect afforded in these situations but the internet seems to have done for that.

• Like 12

Nobody is speculating. Everyone has shown respect & sadness. No-one has said a bad word. Let's leave it at that.

In fact everyone has shown lots of love and respect for him & I think that he would have loved it! I think he may have thought people probably didn't like him that much, so he would have been pleased as punch to find out that people actually thought he was pretty splendid.

Sauin91, he lived on Douglas Prom.

• Like 2

And even then it would be better not to mull it over at all. There is just no point. The man has gone and it is nobody's business but his family and friends. There used to be an automatic instinctive respect afforded in these situations but the internet seems to have done for that.

Its 24/7 news that's done it

So much death and destruction out there you just sort of learn to 'switch off' a little too easily

Unless its your own grief

• Like 1

In fact everyone has shown lots of love and respect for him & I think that he would have loved it! I think he may have thought people probably didn't like him that much, so he would have been pleased as punch to find out that people actually thought he was pretty splendid.

Good point. I've know a lot of driven people over the years who think in exactly the same way. Actually, that is one of the traits that make them what they are. They try harder and become larger than life characters just as Stuart did, which, paradoxically is what makes people notice them and like them.