Jump to content
Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Jam_Sandwich

Inflation down to -1.5%

Recommended Posts

There will be no tariffs on food imports from the EU?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But don't be fooled by the old trick of putting less in the packet for the same price.... case in point, cuppa soups. At one time there used to 5 sachets/box now it's 4/box but the prices have hardly changed. Similarly some breakfast oat cereals.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Donald Trumps said:

There will be no tariffs on food imports from the EU?

The increase in documentation is because the UK is obliged to keep more detailed statistics of both imports & exports, irrespective of the tariff or origin. The UK is no longer in the EU so it will have to record EU import/export stats as with they do presently with all other countries. 

 

FireShot Capture 087 - Government announces £705 million investment for GB-EU border.pdf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Increased bureaucracy leading to delay & higher prices to cover these additional costs, but will there be tariffs on food imports from the EU?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Donald Trumps said:

Increased bureaucracy leading to delay & higher prices to cover these additional costs, but will there be tariffs on food imports from the EU?

It's always possible but I suspect the investment required to train the numbers needed to process all transactions will be more than just a couple of % on limited lines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, woolley said:

Load of bollox. Wait and see!

Don't you just love the spin the alternative reality MSM put on all this bollox:

UK taking back control with or without Brexit deal: £705m border plan to transform Britain! 

The UK is investing hundreds of millions in border control in a clear indication Britain will be ready for no deal if necessary. It comes as Home Secretary Priti Vacant Patel prepares to announce the next stage of the overhaul of immigration rules with publication of a points based system aimed at attracting the brightest and the best to the UK.

The investment in border infrastructure, jobs and technology will include £470 million on new border control posts and £235 million on IT systems.

There will also be more than £100 million to develop HMRC systems to reduce the burden on traders, alongside additional investment in technology to ensure that new controls can be fully implemented in the “Roll On, Roll Off” environment.

Another £15 million will be spent to build new data infrastructure to enhance border management and flow helping us on our way to the world’s most effective border by 2025 .

This package is on top of the £84 million already provided in grants to ensure there is sufficient capacity in the customs intermediary sector to support traders. 

Sounds great, doesn't it!

Reality Subtext: This is just the beginning of all the extra expense associated with Brexit that YOU, the taxpayer, will have to fund.

Just when the economy is on it's arse anyway - what a great time to be making things worse. Not.

Fucking clowns...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

Increased bureaucracy leading to delay & higher prices to cover these additional costs, but will there be tariffs on food imports from the EU?

It'll be swings and roundabouts Donald. Any minute now a doom-laden, spittle-flecked post by PK will appear, grumbling about Bozo and his bungling brexiteers... 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Haha, as I was composing my reply, as predictable as a dodgy prostate with twice the dribble... 

Edited by quilp
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

There's been plenty of ammunition in the media today - even the Express is coming out for Starmer

Here's the Fleetstreet Fox in the Mirror:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/brexit-become-dirty-word-boris-22347844?fsf

Wow, that really is some alternative reality bile filled diatribe. It says that Johnson doesn't have the courage to stop Brexit. That's like saying I don't have the courage to jump in front of a bus. Problem with this logic is that I don't have the desire either, and I suspect that similarly, Johnson has no desire to stop Brexit. Quite right too. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, P.K. said:

Don't you just love the spin the alternative reality MSM put on all this bollox:

UK taking back control with or without Brexit deal: £705m border plan to transform Britain! 

The UK is investing hundreds of millions in border control in a clear indication Britain will be ready for no deal if necessary. It comes as Home Secretary Priti Vacant Patel prepares to announce the next stage of the overhaul of immigration rules with publication of a points based system aimed at attracting the brightest and the best to the UK.

The investment in border infrastructure, jobs and technology will include £470 million on new border control posts and £235 million on IT systems.

There will also be more than £100 million to develop HMRC systems to reduce the burden on traders, alongside additional investment in technology to ensure that new controls can be fully implemented in the “Roll On, Roll Off” environment.

Another £15 million will be spent to build new data infrastructure to enhance border management and flow helping us on our way to the world’s most effective border by 2025 .

This package is on top of the £84 million already provided in grants to ensure there is sufficient capacity in the customs intermediary sector to support traders. 

Sounds great, doesn't it!

Reality Subtext: This is just the beginning of all the extra expense associated with Brexit that YOU, the taxpayer, will have to fund.

Just when the economy is on it's arse anyway - what a great time to be making things worse. Not.

Fucking clowns...

What does half of that even mean. "[T]he world’s most effective border" - what more than North Korea?  Most of the British media seems to have degenerated into putting out Government press releases with added gush.  They make Gef look like Woodward and Bernstein.  Pravda under Stalin would have been embarrassed by some of this stuff and London journalists don't have the excuse that they will be sent to the Gulag if they say the wrong thing - at worst they might not be invited to the odd drinks party.

All it actually means is that the Government have given some mates of theirs contacts to deliver complicated systems about which they have no experience or knowledge, but non-delivery doesn't really matter because the purpose is to give your mates money. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Johnson can't stop #Brexit

But he may wish he'd never started with it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

Johnson can't stop #Brexit

But he may wish he'd never started with it

He wanted to go down in the history books as the man who delivered Brexit.

But now he's going to go down in the history books as the totally amoral narcissistic serial philanderer and inveterate liar whose vaccillation, laziness and ineptitude squandered the opportunity to prepare the UK for Covid-19 which directly led to the UK suffering more excess deaths than any other European country.

Having lost a dear friend to the virus I hope he rots in hell...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...