New Sushi Eatery

mollag

I love sushi, sashimi, ramen etc. Done correctly, I reckon it could be very successful indeed. I wonder how they'll source the super fresh seafood (year round) required to make it correctly. Tesco's fish counter will not cut it, the mackerel's look like they've had a lifetime on the sauce.

• Like 1

I love sushi, sashimi, ramen etc. Done correctly, I reckon it could be very successful indeed. I wonder how they'll source the super fresh seafood (year round) required to make it correctly. Tesco's fish counter will not cut it, the mackerel's look like they've had a lifetime on the sauce.

Not my cup of tea, but if there are enough people like you maybe it will succeed. I wish them well smile.png

it's nice to see somewhere opening up a new niche market option rather than more of the same. I believe they have been operating delivery food for a while via facebook

I heard on the grapevine that the Chinese couple who used to have the Mailbox (now Salt) planned a new sushi venture. Did not hear where, probably this is it. The fish will come from Robinson's Chinese supermarket.

I did not think they hit the right formula at the Mailbox, the sashimi was a bit underdone :)

I hope they get it right this time, good luck to them, you need to be very brave and very clever to make it work here.

According to facebook it is Asia Fresh who are opening up the shop on Quine's Corner. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Asia-Fresh/1535435116717049

I've only ever had sushi from M&S so I'll be keen to give it ago. It'll be nice to have a healthy type of takeaway food. (assuming there will be a takeaway)

Edited by Manxman27