New Sushi Eatery

mollag

Much as raw fish does not faze me, I never fancied Sushi much, seemed like a bitty tapas type meal, so, with little enthusiasm, we went to a conveyer style sushi eatery in Luxembourg, Wow! well impressed, changed my opinion in an instant, great variety, more tasty than I had imagined, if it was replicated on Mona then I would be a regular. [i wonder could they stitch some kipper flesh into a sushi style roll? Hmm.]

Sushi grade fish isn't easy unless you are turning over covers constantly. Hope they get it right and it takes off. Love sushi, me. Proper fishy bastard.

I know Wagamama's is to authentic Japanese food as Nando's is to authentic Portuguese, but I do love me some Wagamama's.

Would be nice to have some Japanese eating establishments here.

Second that. A Wagamama's here would suit me down to the ground. Sadly a franchise like that wouldn't get enough custom here.

Just got back from Japan and had Sushi on a regular basis, from the conveyor belt type restaurants to off the supermarket shelf. All excellent.

I thought food and drink would be expensive in Japan, but it was half the price as that in the UK andyou can eat out well for under £15.00.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

What we need is somewhere that does okonomiyaki. Or decent noodles.

There's the noodle place in Ramsey.

Might as well be in Tokyo.

Buttys have allways been poor to travel, want everything on their doorstep.

I'm not a butty, but I have been to Tokyo more recently than Ramsey. I mean it's two buses to Ramsey!

Food was excellent, I recommend the okonomiyaki - kind of a cross between an omelette and bubble 'n' squeak.

It's quite hard ordering in Japan, because the menus are in their script. They often have pictures and sometimes the models of the food in the windows. But they show the raw ingredients not the finished dish. I went to this place and ordered a dish that seemed to be noodles, egg and ham. The waiter set the table with chop sticks, and I tucked in. I was halfway through the spaghetti carbonara before I realised I was in an Italian Restaurant.

Edited by Declan
  • Like 2

If you mean the Unusual Noodle I'm afraid that's closed, I walked past the other day and there was a sign up saying thanks to all their customers, we're now closed, if you've got a gift voucher call this number :(

• Like 1

If you mean the Unusual Noodle I'm afraid that's closed, I walked past the other day and there was a sign up saying thanks to all their customers, we're now closed, if you've got a gift voucher call this number sad.png

That's a shame, I only had chance to go once but it was pleasant. Very small to sit in though.

• Like 1