Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Uhtred

...And they're off...in the Peel and Glenfaba steeplechase

Wow. LV wipeout.

Good.

• Like 2

What did Pownall have to lose? Apart from £38k - at least he can walk back into his job

I thought Harmer fought on predominately local Peel issues, Hanson and LV on national issues and some local.

This suggests to me no major changes next year as the public are failing to grasp the reality of the financial era the IOM is about to enter.

Bell's continued rose-tinted propaganda seems to be working. But working for whom really?

• Like 2

That Beecroft half-wit wiped out the fragrant Penny with talk of taking Refugees in..

Anything with Liberal in it is best left alone ..

• Like 1

Nothing will change as long as Bell and Teare are running the country, the other MHKs may as well not bother turning up

• Like 1

That Beecroft half-wit wiped out the fragrant Penny with talk of taking Refugees in..

Anything with Liberal in it is best left alone ..

And Hanson spoke of solving it in other ways.

Harmer kept his gob shut?

30 votes! Considering that you need a proposer, seconder, and at least 20 other signatures on the proposal form...... (and assuming that those 22 voted for him) he managed to grab 7 extra votes as I assume he voted for himself....

Edited by kevster
  • Like 1

Harmer is a liar as I have alluded to elsewhere..

Where? If you can't back this statement up with facts I take it you are a Disgruntled Hanson supporter

If it is true then he will fit in well with the others in Tynwald

Edited by stanleyfan

Boot 424

Talbot 421

Not really a democratic result then.
It's an election, that's democracy at work. Presumably it's not the right vote some on here wanted. Personally I think Geoffrey Boot MHK will bring a lot to the table. At least David Cameron will take him seriously. I bet David Cameron has a good laugh when he meets the likes of AB and other Tynwald jokes

Less than 0.5 percent advantage isn't really clear democracy at work.

To be fair some don't like the result, and granted it's very slim, but it's still legal and valid. Athol Streets finest say so, there experts. It could be worse, Anderson could be MLC and still represent Glenfaba, and Crookall Peel to avoid an election till next year. In realty you could argue this is a mistake caused by Legco.

I'd word it stronger and say it's an absolute fuckin' disgrace that these pair of democracy dodging assholes have caused such a farcical situation by not being willing to serve out the term of office they were elected to.

Also, to have need of several by -elections with such a short period of time left before the next general election when boundary/constituency changes are on the cards makes every MHK who voted said assholes up to LegCo equally unfit for their role.

• Like 9

Come tommorrow everyone will be doffing their cap and forelock tugging to Harmer and he will be placed on the pedestal of the great and good. He will be invited into the VIP tent at next years TT