Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Uhtred

...And they're off...in the Peel and Glenfaba steeplechase

I simply asked because I've never known it before. If I knew the thinking behind it I may well use that information to decide whether their character traits are suitable to represent me as an MHK. policies and the shit posted through my door give me no idea who the person really is. What they do in life and the decisions they make do. I didn't ask why she suddenly resigned from the commissioners as I have been told and thought it inappropriate to mention. Now someone's stuck a pin my arse I will.

Someone who has been married more than once will have undoubtedly changed their name a few times. Why they keep one name over another is usually a personal matter. Usually it's children so that a woman retains the same surname as her children as they go through school. Maybe that's not the case here. I genuinely don't know. But it's far removed from the Amy situation brought up by JT.

I call BS on this, btw... He's bragging about how well off he is, but he lives in a little flat and is constantly whinging that he wants to move out but he can't sell it.

I would ask him - if you don't get elected, will you still donate all your wages to cancer research? And how much have you already donated up to now? I would ask him that, if I thought there was any hope of getting an honest answer.

What's his profession? I thought he was a museum attendant.

who would be your favoured candidate aye? hypothetically of course, its obvious you have no vested interest whatsoever in this

Anybody would be better than Pownall.

Vote David Pownall - Save a Lifeaaaa_zpswhac667j.png

Embarrassing. He'll be offering to walk people's dogs and give bags of sweets to small children yet. Que Alice Coopers "I wanna be elected" ... I'm just so desperate to be elected I'll give all my money to cancer.

Edited by oldmanxfella

Candidate: "I'd give up MHK pay"

http://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/candidate-id-give-up-mhk-pay/

I consider this a form of electoral bribery. Fair enough if you want to do it, but announce it after the election. The rules need tightening on this.

I'll vote for you if you promise to give Cretney's pension pot to a donkeysweatingbullets.gif

• Like 1

Isn't it already earmarked for one....?

What about the 30% uplift for departmental work and the £6k constituency expenses as well. Another £18k on top of that would do much more.

He says for this term. Less than a year to go but still a nice gesture.

Electioneering? Possibly.

• Like 1

Well it seems like the establishment and its lackey Manx Radio has chosen their candidate.

There was a big puff piece on Manx Radio Mandate this morning from Ray Harmer about Peel rejuvenation. I've rarely heard a commissioner say " I " so often and what he has done and going to do, including references to grants.

Bingo.

Of course the presenter read out the small print at the end that a,b and c were also standing for House of Keys.

Well, he is the 'Chair' isn't he - did he thank his Commissioner colleagues & their workforce for their efforts?