Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Uhtred

...And they're off...in the Peel and Glenfaba steeplechase

What's his profession? I thought he was a museum attendant.

who would be your favoured candidate aye? hypothetically of course, its obvious you have no vested interest whatsoever in this

Anybody would be better than Pownall.

Vote David Pownall - Save a Lifeaaaa_zpswhac667j.png

Embarrassing. He'll be offering to walk people's dogs and give bags of sweets to small children yet. Que Alice Coopers "I wanna be elected" ... I'm just so desperate to be elected I'll give all my money to cancer.

Edited by oldmanxfella

Candidate: "I'd give up MHK pay"

http://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/candidate-id-give-up-mhk-pay/

I consider this a form of electoral bribery. Fair enough if you want to do it, but announce it after the election. The rules need tightening on this.

I'll vote for you if you promise to give Cretney's pension pot to a donkeysweatingbullets.gif

• Like 1

Isn't it already earmarked for one....?

What about the 30% uplift for departmental work and the £6k constituency expenses as well. Another £18k on top of that would do much more.

He says for this term. Less than a year to go but still a nice gesture.

Electioneering? Possibly.

• Like 1

Well it seems like the establishment and its lackey Manx Radio has chosen their candidate.

There was a big puff piece on Manx Radio Mandate this morning from Ray Harmer about Peel rejuvenation. I've rarely heard a commissioner say " I " so often and what he has done and going to do, including references to grants.

Bingo.

Of course the presenter read out the small print at the end that a,b and c were also standing for House of Keys.

Well, he is the 'Chair' isn't he - did he thank his Commissioner colleagues & their workforce for their efforts?

And this evening the establishment have made a news release via their subvented Manx Radio:

Peel makeover given planning permission

Manx Radio 'Report'

I have never heard such blatant placement electioneering on the back of a 'news story' from Manx Radio.

Edited by Wann

Well it seems like the establishment and its lackey Manx Radio has chosen their candidate.

There was a big puff piece on Manx Radio Mandate this morning from Ray Harmer about Peel rejuvenation. I've rarely heard a commissioner say " I " so often and what he has done and going to do, including references to grants.

Bingo.

Of course the presenter read out the small print at the end that a,b and c were also standing for House of Keys.

Strange isn't it? The likes of Roger Watterson wouldn't allow that discussed on the Mannin line under 'electoral rules' which he seems to make up as he goes along...yet the same organisation allows it published.
  • Like 1

My packed personal agenda of thrilling activities (that's irony for those in doubt) rarely takes me Glenfaba-ward but I happened to drive out that way this morning. Is this the election that never was..? 1 tiny "vote Talbot" sign at the Garth Crossroads and its twin near Foxdale deads. That's it...nothing else and no sign of any Baron Bomburst Von Richthofen adverts. (Though that's probably a blessing). Has the democratic process finally run into the sands of Foxdale?

• Like 1